Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Emails

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soulsmiling

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Emails Reply with quote

Hello,

Now I have read all of the posts and the FAQ section of the site and I could not find a solution to the not getting email problem. I have a hotmail email account which is said to work in one of the posts I read, I have checked the spam folder and the spam features and it is not the problem. I have two forms and I have sent five times and none have worked. I was thinking of doing the premium service but will not do it if I cannot even recieve forms now. My forms are located at the following sites and neither are working.

http://www.scattered-horizons.net/submitidea.php - Submit an Idea

http://www.scattered-horizons.net/submitquote.php - Submit a Quote

Any help would be wonderful. Thank you.
Emily (username - soulsmiling)
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

I sent a test through your form, received the proper autoresponse, and confirmed that our server's maillog shows the message being delivered successfully to your hotmail account.

Form: http://www.scattered-horizons.net/submitidea.php
Email: soulsmiling@hotmail.com

Mar 23 21:26:32 mycontactform qmail: 1143170792.942906 starting delivery 26571: msg 1556804 to remote soulsmiling@hotmail.com
Mar 23 21:26:33 mycontactform qmail: 1143170793.538002 delivery 26571: success: 65.54.244.72_accepted_message./Remote_host_said:_250__<20060324032632.1187.qmail@mycontactform.com>_Queued_mail_for_delivery/

If you are not receiving the message it is because Hotmail is filtering it (most likely to a SPAM or JUNK MAIL folder). For more information about this, please read the following FAQ:

http://www.mycontactform.com/faq.php?fiddet=63&ptid=6&stid=8

Thank you,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
soulsmiling

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Contacted hotmail... Reply with quote

I contacted hotmail and this is what they said:

"MSN Hotmail is committed to reducing the amount of unsolicited e-mail our users receive. It is possible that one of the filters we have in place is preventing the e-mail you have requested from MyContactForm.com from reaching you. To correct this, we need the support team of MyContactForm.com to contact us so we can resolve the issue with them."

Apparently, someone from your site needs to contact them to get this resolved. Is that a possibility?

Thank you,
Emily
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Please send me your contact info for Hotmail (please be specific with phone #'s, ticket #'s, people you've spoken with, etc.) and I will contact them. Typically Hotmail does not delete the messages it filters, but simply puts them in the Junk Mail or SPAM folder on their interface.

Thanks,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
soulsmiling

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Information Sent Reply with quote

I sent along the information. Thank you for your help.

Emily
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

I've sent a message to Hotmail's tech support team. I will keep you posted.

Thank you,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: