Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

All my forms have stopped working properly!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tribulatio

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: All my forms have stopped working properly! Reply with quote

Hello,

I am shocked to see that several of my forms, if not all, have stopped working, with no change on my side.
I have been alerted by a user, whose message I had received nevertheless. But I have now sent test messages, that didn't reach.
The error message includes warnings that
- "This form is not being sent from the url where it is supposed to be located"
- "The user who this form belongs to has been suspended."

Suspended??? I am a paid customer (until 2019), I make a very moderate use of my account (at most a few dozens messages a month for all my website together).

And I have checked: in all cases that I tested, the from IS being sent from the URL where it is supposed to be located!

Moreover, the issue occurs with WP and non-WP websites, on different servers with different hosts, showing that the issue is not related to my own sites, but to myContactForm.

Please, test yourself:
https://www.religion.info/informations/contact/
https://www.mayer.info/contact/

Please, fix that today! If you don't, I will give up the form on all my WP sites where I use it and replace it with a WP native solution.

By the way, I am slightly surprised that there is no other way to contact support than a forum, when there is such a technical issue.

I thank you in advance for a prompt answer.

Sincerely.

Jean-Francois
Tribulatio

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Confirmed - All forms seem to be broken!! Reply with quote

I have tested on other sites: all of them show the same issue, with senseless warning messages according to which the form URL is wrong (not true, I have checked, those forms on SSL-enabled websites also have the HTTPS marked in the address as registered on the account), and claiming that "The user who this form belongs to has been suspended", which is extremely embarrassing and a possible stain on my reputation, especially since my account is paid until 2019 and has never been abused in any way.

I have posted the support request on this forum several hours ago, but there is no answer, not message to me: please, do something now, otherwise I will have to give up using myContactForm.

You should be aware that it is not juts happening on one of my sites, but on all of them.

Ironically, on a small website that I had managed ten years ago and that is no longer active, I found there was still a (free) SiteWizard contact form: out of curiosity, I tested it - and I received the message instantly. The irony is that a free form on a website that has been abandoned since more than ten years is still working perfectly, while my paid plan with myContactForm produces broken forms...

Sad
Tribulatio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:30 am    Post subject: No news... Reply with quote

There have been two days now... Not any sign of life from support...

Shocked to see that support is non existent for paid users...

Going to replace the forms with other tools on all my sites later today....

Sad to think that I have a paid subscription until 2019...
Tribulatio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:36 am    Post subject: Working again Reply with quote

OK: the forms have started working again!

Still, I would have appreciated hearing from you - and I would like to know what happened?
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Day,

My apologies for the late reply.

The problems you're describing are quite odd. I'm not seeing anything on our end that would have caused this.

I tested both of the urls that you've provided and the forms work. The mayer.info URL has a redirect page setting that needs to be corrected however.

Please email info@mycontactform.com if the problem occurs again.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Tribulatio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:27 am    Post subject: The issue Reply with quote

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I am glad to report that everything is back to normal since a few hours.

I can confirm that the issue was happening on all my sites using MyContactForm, hosted with three different, unrelated hosting companies. For this reason, a technical problem with the host can be ruled out.

I have sent screenshots by email to you. As you will be able to see, there were some variations in the warnings, but all claimed that the user had been suspended and that the page was not authorized.

Thank you for the remark about one redirect page: I will check and correct that.

I am really surprised that nothing can be seen on your side.

Anyway, relieved that it is working again.

Best regards.

jean-Francois
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: