Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unsecure Form pop up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mlawlor07

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Unsecure Form pop up Reply with quote

Hi we have used your premium form for a couple years now with generally no issues. Recently as in the last week, forms being submitting from cell phones do not go through, they just hang, no response.

When trying on my iPhone to submit the form I get a pop up message that the form is not secured.

I even tried switching to a hosted form by you. We have a Wix website and have had the HTML code embedded in the site with no issues for several months. Now out of desperation to make this work I tried the hosted form and I still get the pop up that the form is not secured. Our site is secure, and when I'm on mycontactform.com it shows to be secure as well (https:) so can you please help me asap!
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

What is the URL of the form so that I may test?

The SSL cert for mycontactform.com is valid and shouldn't be giving any security messages as long as the url being submitted to is https://. One possibility is that the SSL certificate on your end may have expired.

If the site is hanging up, it is likely a site template issue or an issue with a plugin such as Flash.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
mlawlor07

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Unsecured Form pop up message Reply with quote

Thanks Nick for your response.
The url is, https://www.fisherscafe.com/join-the-team

I spoke with Wix this morning and the SSL certificate is valid. For close to a year we've had the my contact form HTML embedded into the site and it's worked fine, that is up until April 29, then the form submission started to get hung up or a response on mobile devices "Form is unsecure". So yesterday I changed the page to embed the url address and I still get the same result, Everything is fine until you hit the submit button. And the files are not getting through.

Please help!
mlawlor07

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: Unsecure Form - Pop Up Reply with quote

on my laptop when I hit submit, I get a pop up that says, "Load unsafe script"
saying the site is trying to load unsafe scripts from an unauthenticated site!
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:42 am    Post subject: Re: Unsecure Form - Pop Up Reply with quote

mlawlor07 wrote:
on my laptop when I hit submit, I get a pop up that says, "Load unsafe script"
saying the site is trying to load unsafe scripts from an unauthenticated site!

You do not have the proper SSL version of code on your site. The form post URL is not the SSL link that we offer.

1. Login
2. Click 'Form Security / Anti-SPAM'
3. Scroll to 'Secure Send / SSL'
4. Click 'Configure'
5. Check the box next to the name or your form.
6. Click 'Update Configuration'
7. Scroll back down to 'Secure Send / SSL' and click the 'Get HTML' button.
8. Copy and paste the provide code to your site.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: