Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

form errors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ddarren

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:44 am    Post subject: form errors Reply with quote

hi
i keep getting people submitting the forms from ebay which i receive but then get a message from them stating

Each time I fill in and submit the form it says the item is no longer listed. Please could you advise if this is for sale or not thank you

never had this before but all of the time now
please haelp its costing me lost sales Sad
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

It sounds like you have the Redirect Page (Edit > Redirect Page) configured to redirect to an non-active listing. Please check this setting.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
ddarren

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Reply Reply with quote

hi
have checked the redirect and all is working ok for me everytime, i have checked with ebay and everything is ok at that end, sometimes it works for customers and sometimes not, if the form isnt used no problems, so its definately a problem with the form ?
last message was today
"Hi. Have just filled in your form for autograph book but said not available. Please could u advise before I try to purchase
Many thanks Rochelle"

please help asap
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:21 am    Post subject: Re: Reply Reply with quote

ddarren wrote:
hi
have checked the redirect and all is working ok for me everytime, i have checked with ebay and everything is ok at that end, sometimes it works for customers and sometimes not, if the form isnt used no problems, so its definately a problem with the form ?
last message was today
"Hi. Have just filled in your form for autograph book but said not available. Please could u advise before I try to purchase
Many thanks Rochelle"

please help asap

This is definitely a redirect page configuration issue. There are no errors on our end that would trigger a message like this. The error is occurring after our software is done processing and has sent the user from our processing page to the URL which it is configured to go to.

Is it possible that the URL you entered is dynamic, and only works when a specific set of parameters are present (like the user is not logged in to Ebay, is logged in to eBay, the listing is active, etc.)? If this is the case, I would suggest redirecting to a static URL with a generic confirmation page.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: