Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Only 1 or 2 characters exporting into Excel but data shows i

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Message Center
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vkeibler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject: Only 1 or 2 characters exporting into Excel but data shows i Reply with quote

Hi! I have created dozens of forma and never had this issue. When exporting to excel, one column is only exporting one or two characters. After reading a post from 12/2011 about a field not appearing in the exported data, I used the csv work-around and the data is there. My concerns is that the comment from 2011 said you might change something to make it work - and I was not sure if something else has changed or why is this not exporting into excel? Thanks!
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

It should be working correctly. Anything from 2011 should be fixed.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
vkeibler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the issue happened yesterday, 4/3/15, and the fix from 2011 solved it. Is there a new issue that kept my data from exporting into excel?
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vkeibler wrote:
But the issue happened yesterday, 4/3/15, and the fix from 2011 solved it. Is there a new issue that kept my data from exporting into excel?

There should not be any issues. If the data is exporting as a CSV correctly, the Excel file should be fine as well (the files are built off the same data sets).

Occasionally if a form is changed after it has already begun receiving submissions, this can cause some weirdness. I'm not sure that this is the case here. There is also a slight possibility that a form submitter inserted a special character or tab into a question and that Excel is interpreting it in an odd way.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Message Center All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: