Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Forms not being sent to listed Send To address

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmcintos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject: Forms not being sent to listed Send To address Reply with quote

I have several forms not being sent to the listed Send To address. As a test I filled out a form and got the form through the Auto Responder.

The form submittal quota section shows the forms being sent but I'm not receiving them. I use Outlook 2010 as my email client and tested the Send To address and it's fine. I even logged into the email account online bypassing my Outlook client but no emails are there from the form. I tried adding a second Sent To address on a couple of forms and still got no emails of the forms being filled out.

I get confirmation as the sender but I'm not getting the forms to the Send To addresses which means I'm not getting anything.

I have about 40 forms configured and now I wonder just how many of them I'm not getting. Haven't really had any problems like this in the past - at least not that I'm aware of.

The three I did try and got no response are at:
http://l79registry.macswebs.com/contact/form.htm
http://chevellestuff.net/research/1967_bal.htm
http://chevellestuff.net/research/1967_fra.htm
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

This absolutely sounds like a spam filtering issue. If you're getting auto responses, then the messages are being sent. It is highly likely that this is occurring on the incoming mail server side which is managed by your email provider. This would explain why the messages are not in Outlook or your web based email client. I would contact your email provider.

Read more about spam filters here:

http://www.mycontactform.com/emailfiltering.php

Additionally, you can read all of the messages that are sent, via the Message Center in the control panel. These messages are not affected by filtering and will allow you to see exactly what messages have been sent.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
dmcintos

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not getting auto responses but apparently at least one of my submitters did. It seems to be hit & miss. I checked some messages in the Message Center and even from the same form page I see there are some I got and some I did not - very frustrating.

All were addressed to the same admin@chevellestuff.net email address so I don't see how it can be any kind of spam filter involved. Recently I began putting a second email address (a396guy@fidnet.com) I have to send the forms to but they're not coming through to me at that address either. I regularly get email through these two accounts every day so it's not something with my ISP filtering messages.

As I noted, I have about 40 of these forms for various data collection as well as registrations for numerous car Registeries and I don't know what I'm getting and what I'm not.

I also see that even though I had checked this thread to notify me when a reply is posted I did not get a notice of this reply. Question

{Edit} Looking through the messages there are at least half I've never seen. This is disturbing...
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmcintos wrote:
I'm not getting auto responses but apparently at least one of my submitters did. It seems to be hit & miss. I checked some messages in the Message Center and even from the same form page I see there are some I got and some I did not - very frustrating.

All were addressed to the same admin@chevellestuff.net email address so I don't see how it can be any kind of spam filter involved. Recently I began putting a second email address (a396guy@fidnet.com) I have to send the forms to but they're not coming through to me at that address either. I regularly get email through these two accounts every day so it's not something with my ISP filtering messages.

As I noted, I have about 40 of these forms for various data collection as well as registrations for numerous car Registeries and I don't know what I'm getting and what I'm not.

I also see that even though I had checked this thread to notify me when a reply is posted I did not get a notice of this reply. Question

{Edit} Looking through the messages there are at least half I've never seen. This is disturbing...

If the messages are in the Message Center, then they are 100% being sent to your email address. If you are not getting them, then something is happening on your incoming mail server. The fact that you receive other messages to these email addresses doesn't really mean anything in this situation. Many email providers filter messages without their customers knowing. This typically occurs on the server side without the end-user having any control over the configuration. This is most likely the case in this instance. You need to contact your email provider, as I can say with 100% certainty that the messages are being sent on our end, and that something is happening on your side that is preventing delivery to your inbox.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: