Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Setting Redirect page to work on any page

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management
View previous topic :: View next topic  
delichon

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject: Setting Redirect page to work on any page Reply with quote

Hi. I have created a form that I want to use on my main website and also within my Ebay listings. I want my customers to complete the form and then stay on the same listing pagebut I don't want to add a specific URL to redirect each listing because I am using an offline listing tool (Ebay TurboLister) to create my auction listings and I don't want to create an individual form for each item, especially as I wont know the precise URL until the item has been uploaded.

Can I add something in the redirect URL box that always takes me back to the same page the form is on (or the last page visited) regardless of the actual location of my form?
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Unfortunately, this is not possible within our software alone.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
delichon

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. It's a shame I won't be able to use your form embedded in my Ebay auctions as I had hoped.

So I moved on to plan "B" which is to add the form as a page on our main website so I can link to it in a new window from Ebay instead....

....which is what I have done except the formatting has obviously been overridden slightly by the site and the response boxes are not keeping to the specified widths. It was worse before I set it to use DIV tags too.

If you look at the form you will see the problem - especially the response box for the captcha code which is now massively wide!
http://www.delichon.co.uk/resources/vat-exemption

The calendar pop-up is also affected

Is there something I can do to override the CSS style formatting so that the form displays better?

Regards
Martin
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:54 am    Post subject: Re: Thank you Reply with quote

delichon wrote:
Thanks for the reply. It's a shame I won't be able to use your form embedded in my Ebay auctions as I had hoped.

So I moved on to plan "B" which is to add the form as a page on our main website so I can link to it in a new window from Ebay instead....

....which is what I have done except the formatting has obviously been overridden slightly by the site and the response boxes are not keeping to the specified widths. It was worse before I set it to use DIV tags too.

If you look at the form you will see the problem - especially the response box for the captcha code which is now massively wide!
http://www.delichon.co.uk/resources/vat-exemption

The calendar pop-up is also affected

Is there something I can do to override the CSS style formatting so that the form displays better?

Regards
Martin

Currently form.css from your site (line 61) is overriding the width settings for the text boxes. I would start there in terms of modifying the look of the form as it is currently overriding the settings from myContactForm.com.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
delichon

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Nick for another prompt reply - much appreciated!

I guessed the CSS was over-riding the form settings. The site was built for us and we manage it though a Contact Management System which only gives access to certain elements of the page which I can edit. Line 61 isn't in the part I can alter, so are there some extra commands I can embed either end of the HTML my form generates to temporarily over-write the width settings?

Thanks
Martin
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

delichon wrote:
Thank you Nick for another prompt reply - much appreciated!

I guessed the CSS was over-riding the form settings. The site was built for us and we manage it though a Contact Management System which only gives access to certain elements of the page which I can edit. Line 61 isn't in the part I can alter, so are there some extra commands I can embed either end of the HTML my form generates to temporarily over-write the width settings?

Thanks
Martin

Unfortunately, you'll need to likely edit the master CSS file.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: