Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Form is missing fields and has incorrect autoreply subject

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ehayvml

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:03 am    Post subject: Form is missing fields and has incorrect autoreply subject Reply with quote

Form ID#2299 (user "lx") is not working correctly. Only the first 10 (of 45) fields are appearing in the email output and in the "Form Management" preview screen, and the user gets an email message with the wrong subject line. I have successful messages from this form with all fields and correct subject lines from Aug 2. What could have caused this? Thanks!
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

I believe that this error has to do with the speed of the server that your site is being hosted on. During peak times for your site (or other sites being hosted there if it is a shared server) your amount of bandwidth and processing power for the server may be getting stretched. Since all the data from the form needs to be sent to our server for processing, it is most likely that our script times out because the data cannot get to us quickly enough. This would be especially true for forms with a large number of questions (+25). I'll look into the problem from our end and doublecheck that nothing is going wrong from our end. Maybe contact the host on your end too. If you are on a shared server however, there probably isn't much to be done except switch to a dedicated server or upgrade the server (processor, ram, etc.).

Thanks,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
ehayvml

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick, in this case I do not think server bandwidth is the issue. The fields are actually missing when I view the form using the Form Management tool, not just when it is submitted. Questions q[11]-q[45] are simply gone, and the Autoreponder email subject line was somehow changed to use the subject line from a different form on our list. I think the form data was somehow corrupted within your database, or modified by an unauthorized user.

Thanks,
Eric
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

I'm pretty certain that nobody modified the code. Was this form originally created by copying another form, or was it created from scratch? There really isn't any reason that the form would switch subject lines...perhaps you copied this form from an older form and just didn't change the subject line? It is possible that the data was corrupted...especially if it was a large form. If this is the case, there isn't much we can do to fix the problem without rolling back the databases and causing issues with many other people's forms.

Thanks,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
coldpop

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: I am also having this problem. Reply with quote

I created 2 new forms (from scratch), copied and pasted the HTML into my pages and activated the site. I built using MAC but when testing on PC the form fields don't show up. They're there, but not visible - you have to 'find' them. They look great on the MAC.

I also tested from my admin area (your server, not my host server) and it displays the same problem. Looks great on MAC but no fields on PC.

Please advise. The site is already live yet noone can submit any information.

example:
http://nwchoice.com/content_buyers-questionaire.htm
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

coldpop -

The problem you are experiencing is with the html code for your site, not the myContactForm.com. You have all sorts of unclosed and broken tags which are making it not appear correctly.

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
coldpop

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was a matter of code in my HTM page then it wouldn't also be broken when Previewing in Form Management on the mycontactform.com site.

The fields don't show up from either location.
coldpop

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Found the problem Reply with quote

I just found out what the problem is. It actually is on your end. =)

The way myContactForm is generating the 'Style' information is causing the form to break. I removed that entire section from the beginning of the HTML code after cut & paste and it works fine.

For now, I'll just remove that info and use my own style sheet and it should be fine.

Heather.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: