Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

can't open PDF attachments from Form in iPhone or iPad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Everything Else
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atreacy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject: can't open PDF attachments from Form in iPhone or iPad Reply with quote

We are having trouble opening PDF attachments sent through form when we try to open them on the iPhone or iPad.

So far we have found that a PDF sent through email and not through the website form can be opened successfully on an iPad. It is only PDFs sent through the website form that open as a blank document. If you open a PDF sent through the website form from anywhere organ an iPad or iPhone, the PDF opens successfully.

I can also open a PDF successfully from an ipad/iphone that is sent through the website form by going to Outlook Web Access using Safari. So it seems specific to the combination of the MyContactForm and the mail app used on iPad/iPhones. We've also confirmed that this happens in iOS 6 & 7.

We have tried different readers with no luck.

When I receive any attachment through the website form and try to view it from the mail app on an iphone or ipad, it’s just a blank document that opens. I have tried every reader option available on the devices and even added additional ones to test. Same result. Those same attachments will open and the content can be read from an ipad/iphone if I forward the original to a different email address, or if I go through Safari and open up Outlook Web Access to get my email I can see the content of the document.

When using any reader app except the Quick Look, i actually get an error saying it can’t be opened or is not a valid PDF/Word/Text document.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

I will take a look, but any changes won't likely be made for some time. Mac Mail can be somewhat buggy, and I'm guessing the issue is on their end.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
atreacy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:17 am    Post subject: Thanks for getting back to me Reply with quote

I appreciate the heads up on the timeline!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Everything Else All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: