Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Submit button does not work with iPad, iPhone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robgreer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject: Submit button does not work with iPad, iPhone Reply with quote

But submit button DOES work with Macs. Form is embedded on following URL:
wineshipgreer.com

I also have an older form that DOES work with Mac, iPhone and iPad. URL:
greerwine.com under Mailing List

HTML is not a language I speak, so I'm not sure what the difference is between the older form that works and the newer form above that only works on Macs.

Thanks in advance for your guidance.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Good Day,

Our forms works on all platforms. The submit button should work on any platform as it is basic HTML. There is likely something else going on.

Please post a link to the form and I will investigate.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
robgreer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what link you'd like. I gave you the only link I know of - to the URL, which has only one page, and that contains the form with some sort of problem with iPads and iPhones. Here it is again:

www.wineshipgreer.com

Sorry if I'm missing the point. Your comment makes me think that I should recopy the form HTML and insert it again onto the webpage, but..... I don't want to make anything worse and will wait for your reply.

Thanks.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

robgreer wrote:
I'm not sure what link you'd like. I gave you the only link I know of - to the URL, which has only one page, and that contains the form with some sort of problem with iPads and iPhones. Here it is again:

www.wineshipgreer.com

Sorry if I'm missing the point. Your comment makes me think that I should recopy the form HTML and insert it again onto the webpage, but..... I don't want to make anything worse and will wait for your reply.

Thanks.

Thank you. I am not certain, but there are a few problems with your main page that are causing the issue. To begin, if you open the actual form that you've embedded into your site using an iframe (I am guessing you are using iWeb which typically does this) you will see that the form submits without issue on mobile devices:

http://www.wineshipgreer.com/WineShipGreer//Shipping_Information_files/widget0_markup.html

There doesn't appear to be any issues with the actual form or code itself. This leaves me to believe that there is a problem with your pages surrounding code.

You have a couple lines of code embedded in your site (lines 1 and 2), before the opening HTML tag. The opening HTML tag should be the very beginning of your file:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en">

Other than that, there is a lot of complicated javascript and CSS happening on your site that is likely disabling the submit button. Unfortunately, I cannot decipher what is occurring, but I were you, this is where I'd begin my testing.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
robgreer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delayed thanks for your analysis. Yes, I still use [the no longer supported] iWeb software to create the websites. And the website with the problem is a copied and then amended page, which is probably the source of the undecipherable code. I'll create a new webpage from scratch, load the form into that, and see what happens.

Again, thanks for your support.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: