Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Free hosts for forms + other questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Everything Else
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vinayak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:46 am    Post subject: Free hosts for forms + other questions Reply with quote

Hi

I wish to build a form with some 15 questions (some yes / no) and some text input fields

I'll need an auto-responder (to reply those who have filled in the forms)

Info filled into the form will have to be sent to an e mail address. there is no need to store more than the last 3 forms' data on the web

Questions
---------------

1. Which free host / service provider is best suited for this ? URL / pointers would be most appreciated ..

2. The auto response would be PURE text files - approx 6 KB - with some steps and instructions

3. What are the precautions that I should take ?

Thanks in advance
and regards

Vinayak
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Everything you are asking is possible with our service (including the autoresponse...no need for a text file). As for free hosts, I do not know as I don't use them and don't recommend them...you may be able to get some better input from our forum viewers.

Thanks,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Vinayak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply Reply with quote

mycontac wrote:
Everything you are asking is possible with our service (including the autoresponse...no need for a text file). As for free hosts, I do not know as I don't use them and don't recommend them...you may be able to get some better input from our forum viewers.

Thanks,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com

Thanks Nick for the quick replies

I look forward to others' tips on free hosts

By the way, when you say your forms will give all the features what would the size of that form be ? i.e. what is the total size I should look for from my host

Regards

Vinayak
Vinayak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply Reply with quote

mycontac wrote:

Thanks,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com

Thanks again

An addendum as I'm a novice ...

When I am checking for hosts are there any specific issues / features (@) that I should check for

(@) When I say Features I mean features like

CGI: SSI: Subdomain: Domainhosting: mySQL:
ASP: PHP:

This will help me concentrate on a few hosts that fulfill the criteria

Regards

Vinayak
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

The form size is very small, no need to worry about the size. Also all you need is a host that can do html (all of them); no need for any sort of scripting capabilities or databases (no need to php, asp, mysql, cgi, perl...nothing).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Everything Else All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: