Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

a form that has worked for years just stopped

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdetc

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:43 am    Post subject: a form that has worked for years just stopped Reply with quote

The form on this page http://www.outdoorlivingtablecloths.com/oltz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=10 has worked for years. It has now stopped sending e-mails from the form to the message center (and therefore to the forwarding address). I went through the settings and re-copied the HTML onto the page, but now there is no border showing, the redirect is to the wrong page, and there are still no e-mails coming through.

There have been no changes to the site in the last several months. The form on the Contact page works fine.

Am I missing something extremely obvious??

Thanks ... jd
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Good Day,

The issue is that the myContactForm.com form is being nested within an already open form tag on your site. This causes the myContactForm.com field data to be submitted to the URL indicated in the first form tag rather than sending it to our form processing script. If you look at line 144 of your site, you will see the following:

Code:

<form name="cart_quantity" action="http://www.outdoorlivingtablecloths.com/oltz/index.php?main_page=product_info&amp;cPath=6&amp;products_id=10&amp;action=add_product" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data">

This form tag needs to be closed with a </form> before inputting the myContactForm.com code.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
jdetc

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:11 am    Post subject: I understand the principle, but ... Reply with quote

I don't know enough (anything!) about php to know how to put the closing tag. I believe this is where the </form> tag should go, but where exactly?

<!--bof Form start-->
<?php echo zen_draw_form('cart_quantity', zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($_GET['products_id']), zen_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_product'), 'post', 'enctype="multipart/form-data"'). "\n"; ?>
<!--eof Form start-->

Also, out of curiosity, is there any particular reason why this is happening now, when it's worked the way it was for quite a long time?

Thanks again for your help ... jd
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:25 am    Post subject: Re: I understand the principle, but ... Reply with quote

jdetc wrote:
I don't know enough (anything!) about php to know how to put the closing tag. I believe this is where the </form> tag should go, but where exactly?

<!--bof Form start-->
<?php echo zen_draw_form('cart_quantity', zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($_GET['products_id']), zen_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_product'), 'post', 'enctype="multipart/form-data"'). "\n"; ?>
<!--eof Form start-->

Also, out of curiosity, is there any particular reason why this is happening now, when it's worked the way it was for quite a long time?

Thanks again for your help ... jd

Unfortunately, I can't really advise you on the above code as I don't know the context. One possibility that could have caused this is that the cart software you use was updated, which caused this to change.

Probably the easiest fix would be to add a </form> directly above the myContactForm.com code on your site. This will close the other form, and should make the myContactForm.com code function as intended.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
jdetc

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 4:45 am    Post subject: thanks!! Reply with quote

Yes, that is a very logical solution, and I will give it a try.

Thanks for all your help - I appreciate it.

jd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: