Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bugs in email address and multiple checkbox fields

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ranger

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Bugs in email address and multiple checkbox fields Reply with quote

Hello-
I'm having trouble with my first form, though the interface is easy enough. Here's what's happening: First off, I can't get multiple checkboxes to work. They're all single ones.

More importantly, I have an email address that inserted itself between firstname and lastname, even though it's not in the template where I made the form. It shows up in the code during preview.

I tried making a copy of the form and it has the glitch, too. It's in my account username: ranger, the form called World Sweeper. Hopefully there's a way you can fix this so I don't have to go through and make another one from scratch -- then find the same bug...

Thanks!
-Ranger
Ranger

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: More details Reply with quote

I tried to make a new form and the same thing happened. I started out by using the Personal Contact template; Detailed Contact form template for both. My guess is the glitch may involve that. When I put the email address into my form another appears between field 1 and field 2 (first name and last name).

Also, the form has a stylized E to the right of the submit button on the finished product.

My account is actually called ranger6350. Looking forward to your reply.
-Ranger
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

The extra e-mail address field being added is not a bug. An e-mail address field is added by default to all forms that are created. There is no need to go ahead and manually add a second e-mail address field to your form. For more information, please read to following FAQ:

http://www.mycontactform.com/faq.php?fiddet=116&ptid=8&stid=0

In addition, there are no bugs that I am seeing with the multiple check boxes. What you need to do is select "Check Box - Multi Answer" for the question and then the next screen will allow you to define the different check boxes you want to be available as answers to the question. For more information please read the following FAQ:

http://www.mycontactform.com/faq.php?fiddet=105&ptid=8&stid=15

Thanks,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
fragum

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: Errant data in email response Reply with quote

This problem happens sporadically to us when receiving email responses generated from the form.

There is a multi-answer checkbox question on each form, and sometimes the answer back in the email looks like this:

checkbox26014

Where it should show the question and the checkbox selection (Yes/No).

We have rebuilt forms, copied them from one to another, etc.

Is this a glitch or are we doing something incorrectly here?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: