Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pre filling form from applicaton does not work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management
View previous topic :: View next topic  
storworks

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Pre filling form from applicaton does not work Reply with quote

I want users to fill in registration information at the end of my application install, then I open a web page with a mycontactform on it.

Using the following string from my application is not accepted by the form to auto fill it in.

http://www.storworks.com/registration.html?username=user&company_name=AAA&email=test@test.com&phone=111-111-1111&registration_code=<CODE>

Is there something you an recommend I can change in the form to make it accept the pre-fill information?

The form does work well if filled in on the screen and sends emails etc.. so it does function well, I just can not get the pre-fill accepted.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Simply sending variables via the URL string will not automatically make a form fill out. What you are seeking to do is a little more complicated and would require some knowledge of either Javascript or a server side scripting language (like PHP, ASP). My personal experience is with PHP, so this is what I would personally use. I'd embed PHP code on the page contain the form. The thought process would go something like this:

1. Assign local variables from the global GET array (the array that holds the values set in the URL string).

2. Sanitize each of these values to make sure they fit an expected value. Basically check to make sure that someone didn't edit the URL string and change the values manually.

3. Echo the variables into the text boxes of the form. The values would be printed to the 'value' parameter of the appropriate input box on the form.

Hopefully this helps.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
storworks

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Pre filling form from applicaton does not work Reply with quote

I do not understand the suggestions.
Would you be willing to do the work for a fee?

I have an application written in C#, when a user enters their license information I want to open a simular from on our web site at www.storworks.com/registration.html and would like to auto submit the form but that is depending on capability, the goal is to get the form filled in.

Thanks,
Rich
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Pre filling form from applicaton does not work Reply with quote

richlang wrote:
I do not understand the suggestions.
Would you be willing to do the work for a fee?

I have an application written in C#, when a user enters their license information I want to open a simular from on our web site at www.storworks.com/registration.html and would like to auto submit the form but that is depending on capability, the goal is to get the form filled in.

Thanks,
Rich

Unfortunately, I do not have availability at this time to take on new work.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: