Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Error message when generating pie & bar charts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Message Center
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mindycox

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:21 am    Post subject: Error message when generating pie & bar charts Reply with quote

This is regarding my Client Preferences survey located at http://luckydogsportsclub.com/survey_pref.html.

I have finally located where I can get aggregate info reports (pie charts, etc.) but I keep getting this message when I request the pie chart be generated:
ERROR: Please make sure to enter appropriate values into all requested fields.

What does this mean? I've tried it with one question at a time and using questions with specific answers (check boxes, not written answers). The first few questions get the error message. The last ones do not.

I am getting lots of responses and no way to organize the answers.

What do I do now? Help!!

Thanks!

Mindy Cox
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

This error message is correct. I'm guess when you go to generate the chart there is an empty drop down box next to 'Create a New Chart' at the bottom of the report? If this box is empty, it means that none of the questions you have selected for the report are an appropriate type of data for chart generation. Items like text boxes and multiline check boxes (which are the majority of your questions) are not eligible for chart generation.

As an example, I have selected one question on your form that is able to have charts generated from it (it is a radio button) and saved it as a report under your account. You can see it by logging to to the site, clicking Message Center > Report, and then loading the saved report.

Another alternative for chart generation would be to export the data under Message Center > Export Messages and then open it in a spreadsheet program like Excel to generate the charts.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
mindycox

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Error message when generating pie & bar charts Reply with quote

Re: Client Preferences survey from mindycox

If I had known that multi line answers were not allowed in chart generation, I would have chosen something else. Where is the explanation for that? What are the rules for chart generation? Now what do I do with all of my data?
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: Error message when generating pie & bar charts Reply with quote

mindycox wrote:
Re: Client Preferences survey from mindycox

If I had known that multi line answers were not allowed in chart generation, I would have chosen something else. Where is the explanation for that? What are the rules for chart generation? Now what do I do with all of my data?

Only questions where there is one definitive answer can be used as data points for a chart. This is so that each each individual response can be mapped to each specific answer and accurate charts can be generated.

As I stated above, you can still export the data into Excel and build charts from there.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
mindycox

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject: building reports from Excel Reply with quote

How do I build reports from Excel?

Mindy Cox
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: building reports from Excel Reply with quote

mindycox wrote:
How do I build reports from Excel?

Mindy Cox

Unfortunately, this is a complex question which I cannot answer here in the forum as there are way too many possibilities involved. I'd suggest that you export the data into Excel via the Message Center export feature, and then use Excel's Help menu to see how to build charts.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Message Center All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: