Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Form not sending message or redirecting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KellySil

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Form not sending message or redirecting Reply with quote

I have just copied an existing form and modified it as per your website allows me to do.

I have proven i have the correct web addresses and that i can view each page.

However i can go right through the form and complete everything required and when i click on submit it just refreshes the screen to exactly the same screen as what it was on and wipes the data in the form fields. It won't email me the form, the auto responder doesn't send its message and i am not redirected to the specified page.

I have never seen anything like this before and have never had a problem with any of your forms. I havent' changed webhosting provider nor email host.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I can supply the web URL if required for diagnosis.

I have tried this from mulitple computers and also from computers with no internet lockdown and get the same result.

I have also tried using all sorts of different email addresses to no avail and also the other forms on my account but they don't work either.

The even stranger part is that your website is not even recognising any submittals like it used to. The quantity on the home page used to increase every time a submittal was done so it makes me think its failing before it even gets to that point.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

This behavior you are experiencing typically occurs when you have pasted the form code into an already open form tag on your site. Typically this causes the form to post the data to itself refreshing the page instead of sending the data to our processing script. If you post the URL of the form, I can verify this.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
KellySil

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so but here it is.

Every time i've replaced the HTML code i've replaced everything including the <<My Contact Form etc at both ends.

http://www.amaksolutions.com/ContactUs.aspx

Thanks.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KellySil wrote:
I don't think so but here it is.

Every time i've replaced the HTML code i've replaced everything including the <<My Contact Form etc at both ends.

http://www.amaksolutions.com/ContactUs.aspx

Thanks.

As suspected, the myContactForm.com form code is placed within an existing open form tag on your site. Open up the page and view the source. At line 16 you will see:

Code:
<form name="aspnetForm" method="post" action="ContactUs.aspx" id="aspnetForm">

Notice the action="ContactUs.aspx" portion of this code? This is basically forcing the page to send the form data to ContactUs.aspx instead of to our form processing script; it is essentially refreshing the page.

You need to close the above open form tag before inserting the myContactForm.com code, or remove it altogether.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
KellySil

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply.

I have finally found what you are seeing.

It is coming from a master page which holds all of my logo, menu and footer sections - of which is automatically applied to each page.

The form is opened and closed within the same section in the master page.

I have tried removing the code but just get errors when i try to use the page on the internet.

I can send a copy of both to an email address if you wish?.

Its so weird as i have used your forms before and never had a problem.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KellySil wrote:
Thank you for your reply.

I have finally found what you are seeing.

It is coming from a master page which holds all of my logo, menu and footer sections - of which is automatically applied to each page.

The form is opened and closed within the same section in the master page.

I have tried removing the code but just get errors when i try to use the page on the internet.

I can send a copy of both to an email address if you wish?.

Its so weird as i have used your forms before and never had a problem.

Unfortunately, fixing the problem in the code on your site is outside of the scope of service we can provide. Please just keep playing with it and try to remove the code. Another option would be to place an end form tag directly before the myContactForm.com code. Right now in contact form code, you'll see the following at the very beginning:

Code:
<!-- Begin myContactForm.com Form HTML -->

Change it to:
Code:
</form><!-- Begin myContactForm.com Form HTML -->

This should close the existing form tag.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
kgeriak13

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:18 am    Post subject: Same issue on my site. Reply with quote

Putting a closed form tag in did not fix it? Any other suggestions?
kgeriak13

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:32 am    Post subject: that fixed it Reply with quote

I put a <form> </form> tags before the <------Begin my contact form

that fixed the issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: