Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E-mail address confirmation?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StyxandStones

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: E-mail address confirmation? Reply with quote

Very, very confusing. I am building a form for a client within a website I maintain for their association. I have finished testing it.. all seems OK.
Now it is time to direct the output to a specific client email address.
So I added Ron's email address & he receives an email address confirmation. However though addressed to him, my name is in the salutation "Dear Tom".
Gets worse.. Rather a one-click confirmation He gets directions 1) Login to the site 2) Click the.. and so forth.
He has absolutely no idea what this means.. he has never heard of mycontactform and has no idea how to login - he has no idea what the id and password are..

There has got to be another way to do this.. While I know Ron & we worked it out, I have never spoken with other board members who will become addressees.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Tom,

The salutation was addressed to you because that is the name on the account. The only way around this is to change the name on the account (it can be done under My User Information).

For security purposes (and anti-spam ones) we confirm every email address. The system we have setup is the most straight forward one possible and there really is no way around it. The reason logging in is required is to specifically prevent bad e-mail addresses (ones the owner of the form does not control) from being added. Our form system was designed for individuals creating their own websites, not for people creating websites for other people.

Is this your account that you are using for your client's forms? I'm curious because per the Terms of Service:

Quote:
c. Authorized Users
Only the person who signed up for the user account may access and use the account. Accounts may not be shared or distributed to other parties. The forms created by a specific user may only be placed on web sites that they specifically own and operate. If you design web sites for other parties, you may not use the myContactForm.com service on their sites without prior approval in writing from the operators or myContactForm.com. If you are a web designer and are interested in using our service on your client’s web sites, please contact us.

Have we been in contact in the past regarding you setting up forms for your clients?

Thanks,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
StyxandStones

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess we need to chat about this.. I own the Domains & usually host them for my clients.. no one else has access to the websites other than me.. I use 3rd party services for special functions as I have used mCF in this instance.

Quote:
Is this your account that you are using for your client's forms?

I open a new mCF account for each unique website & do not try to squeeze all of the forms out of one account..

Have we spoken before.. perhaps but I do not remember the specifics..
..Styx
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

As long as you use seperate accounts for your clients, you are fine. The key issue is that each of the client's accounts need to be upgraded to premium. We offer a discounted price for web developers who would like to use our service. Please e-mail me for details:

http://mycontactform.com/contact.php

Thanks,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
StyxandStones

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: e-mail address confirmation #1 of 2 Reply with quote

Finishing the e-mail confirmation discussion. Two issues remain. Let's sort through them serially.
#1 see below. I have added Ron to the distribution list. This is what he receives. "Dear Tom".. If this line is not controllable then should be deleted - it serves no function - just housekeeping.

-----Original Message-----
From: info@mycontactform.com [mailto:info@mycontactform.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2005 8:33 AM
To: Ronald Noel
Subject: E-mail Address Confirmation

Dear Tom,

Your request to add a new e-mail account to your account has been received. To verify this new address please:

1. Login to the site
2. Click the 'My User Information' button 3. Click the link that says 'Enter Confirmation Code'
4. Enter in the confirmation code given below

Your Confirmation Code: xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for using the site!
myContactForm.com

It seems silly to change the name on the account each time I add/change someone on the distribution list, and that breaks down when I add more than one at a time. As I said above - drop the salutation line.
..Styx
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
It seems silly to change the name on the account each time I add/change someone on the distribution list, and that breaks down when I add more than one at a time. As I said above - drop the salutation line.

I have dropped the salutation from the script. As far a the one-click url to confirm a new e-mail address...this is something that most likely will not be added until the next update for the site (not exactly sure when...probably a couple months).

Thanks,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: