Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Changing the Size of Contact Boxes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shelteru

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Changing the Size of Contact Boxes Reply with quote

How do I change the size of my "Mailing Address", "State" and "Message" boxes to match the size of the other boxes. I would like them to look justified. Please see my website at the following address. Thanks. Karl

http://aoclay.com/contact-us.html
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

You'll need to play with the width setting for the multi-line text boxes in order for them to be the same size. You can do this in the admin panel, or within an external HTML editor.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
shelteru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Form Field Not Changing Width Reply with quote

I tried changing the width of the fields, but it will change all BUT the width of the Text Box - Multi Line WHEN placed on my webpage. See my website page at http://aoclay.com/contact-us.html. However, it looks fine when I view it from the myContactForm website. To have all the fields justified, I have to change the width of the other fields to match the width of the Text Box - Multi Line fields which is 30. The Text Box - Multi Line seems that it will not extend beyond 30 on my webpage. I would like to justify all fields to 50. Thanks for your help. Karl
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

It appears that you have figured it out as they are now showing the same size.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
shelteru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Enlarge Fields Reply with quote

No I didn't fix it. I just made all the fields the same width (28 ) as the multi-line fields. It would be nice if I could make all the fields about 50 width but I can't get the multi-line field to extend past a width of 28. I don't know but do you think it has something to do with it being in a Megento website? It looks fine in a regular html page. Once I put the html code in the Megento website page (http://aoclay.com/contact-us.html) it won't extend the multi-line field past 28. Is there any code I can use to extend the multi-line field to 50 or so? Thanks. Karl
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

This issue is being caused by CSS on your site which is overriding the formatting we are giving the form. The following file on your site is doing this:

http://aoclay.com/skin/frontend/default/magikshoes/css/boxes.css

Code:
textarea {
   color: #666;
   font-family: Arial,sans-serif;
   font-size: 9px;
   width: 200px;
   height: 100px;
   border: 1px solid #666;
   padding: 3px;
   /*margin-left: 20px;*/
}

If you look for the line that says 'textarea' and scroll down, you will see that it is setting the multi-line text area widths to a fixed 200 pixels. This is what is overriding the width setting that our code is giving the form.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
shelteru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Field Width Problem Reply with quote

Is there a way to override the CSS's overriding the field width? Another words, is there a work around for this? Thanks.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: Field Width Problem Reply with quote

shelteru wrote:
Is there a way to override the CSS's overriding the field width? Another words, is there a work around for this? Thanks.

The easiest thing is to change the CSS style sheet controlling this. Other than that, you probably could change the form up using inline CSS for each textarea.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
shelteru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:04 am    Post subject: Change CSS Field Width Reply with quote

Do you know which CSS style sheet and what to change? Thanks so much for your time and help.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: Change CSS Field Width Reply with quote

shelteru wrote:
Do you know which CSS style sheet and what to change? Thanks so much for your time and help.

http://aoclay.com/skin/frontend/default/magikshoes/css/boxes.css

Code:
textarea {
   color: #666;
   font-family: Arial,sans-serif;
   font-size: 9px;
   width: 200px;
   height: 100px;
   border: 1px solid #666;
   padding: 3px;
   /*margin-left: 20px;*/
}

Remove the 'width' parameter.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
shelteru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Form Field Not Changing Width Reply with quote

It worked like a champ! Thanks again for your time and help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: