Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HTML Code produced is not correct

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management
View previous topic :: View next topic  
idgceo

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: HTML Code produced is not correct Reply with quote

I changed one of my forms, saved the changes and then the HTML code generated (when pasted into my website) is not correct.

I even waited 24 hours and tried again this morning.

Please advise what I need to do to get the HTML code to generate correctly.
idgceo

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay --- apparently I'm suppose to put all the info here because this company does not provide technical support.

So --- here goes.
1) I've used this service for 1-2 years for an application form for my staffing agency. I've NEVER had a problem with the form or the code generation.
2) I made some updates to the form --- copied the new HTML code and when I paste it into my website (as I've always done), questions in the form are missing --- answers lined up to questions are the wrong ones, etc.
3) I deleted the form I've used this whole time and invested hours re-creating the form as a new form.
4) I saved the new form, checked the preview which is correct.
5) I clicked to generate teh HTML code -- copied it and pasted it into my website --- it is still skewed and incorrect.
6) I deleted the website page and created a new page --- copied the new code into the new website page -- it is still skewed.

So now I can't load the application into my website like I've always done...
Please advise.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

idgceo wrote:
Okay --- apparently I'm suppose to put all the info here because this company does not provide technical support.

So --- here goes.
1) I've used this service for 1-2 years for an application form for my staffing agency. I've NEVER had a problem with the form or the code generation.
2) I made some updates to the form --- copied the new HTML code and when I paste it into my website (as I've always done), questions in the form are missing --- answers lined up to questions are the wrong ones, etc.
3) I deleted the form I've used this whole time and invested hours re-creating the form as a new form.
4) I saved the new form, checked the preview which is correct.
5) I clicked to generate teh HTML code -- copied it and pasted it into my website --- it is still skewed and incorrect.
6) I deleted the website page and created a new page --- copied the new code into the new website page -- it is still skewed.

So now I can't load the application into my website like I've always done...
Please advise.

Thank you for the information. I cannot diagnose the problem you are experiencing as there are multiple forms under your account and I cannot confirm which one you are having the problem with. I need specifically:

1. The name of the form under your account that you are having issues with.
2. The live URL of the code on your site so I may see how you are placing it within your site.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
idgceo

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The form is
IDG STAFF APPLICATION

I don't have it on the site right now because I couldn't go another day without an application.

So I'm having mycontactform host the form right now.

If I change it -- it will upset the basic cart again.

I can create another page and load it so you can see it.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

idgceo wrote:
The form is
IDG STAFF APPLICATION

I don't have it on the site right now because I couldn't go another day without an application.

So I'm having mycontactform host the form right now.

If I change it -- it will upset the basic cart again.

I can create another page and load it so you can see it.

Is the hosted form working for you correctly?

Yes, please post it to a page on your site. I need to see the code on your site in order to diagnose the issue.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
idgceo

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hosted form is working fine it appears.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

idgceo wrote:
The hosted form is working fine it appears.

The code for the hosted form is exactly the same as the code we provide to embed in your site. If there is an issue once it is placed on your site, then the problem is external to myContactForm.com. If you can provide me with a URL to look at the code actually embedded within your site, I'll be able to see the source code and diagnose where the issue is occurring.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
idgceo

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't ask me how it happened -- but when I loaded the code this time (after doing it for two days) it posted fine.

I did report the problem to my web host -- so maybe they did something....

thank you and I'll let you know if anything changes.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

idgceo wrote:
Don't ask me how it happened -- but when I loaded the code this time (after doing it for two days) it posted fine.

I did report the problem to my web host -- so maybe they did something....

thank you and I'll let you know if anything changes.

Please post if you need further assistance. It sounds like there was a cached version of the form being sent which likely caused the issue.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: