Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Attachments corrupted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
valley

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Attachments corrupted Reply with quote

We have used your forms for many years now but lately all attachment sent to us through the form are corrupted and will not open. Is there something we should update?
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Good Day,

I am guessing that you are checking the mail via the built in e-mail client in MAC OS? It appears that older versions of MAC OS (the email client within) are having issues with emails in HTML format with attachments.

Please try changing the format of the message from HTML to Text under Edit > Basic Form Information. Is this doesn't resolve the issue, please email me the form location and a forwarded copy of the form submission to:

info@mycontactform.com

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
valley

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, I will try that and update if it hasn't been corrected.
bnwoodie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having the same issue. I am using MacOS 10.6.8. I have always used the text format of my forms, but recently am not able to open the photos that are attached.

My form is located at:

http://web.me.com/quicksilverstudios/application.html
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bnwoodie wrote:
I'm having the same issue. I am using MacOS 10.6.8. I have always used the text format of my forms, but recently am not able to open the photos that are attached.

My form is located at:

Unfortunately, this looks to be a bug with how Mac OS is handling the MIME attachments. I would recommend using an alternative email client such as Thunderbird as they work fine in every other email client (including Mac's mobile client).

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

bnwoodie wrote:

My form is located at:

I should add, can you please submit a form with an image and then forward me the message? I'd like to look at the ways in which Mac OS is modifying the email headers as I think this is the source of the issue.

info@mycontactform.com

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
MOOKIE2146

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Same Issue with attachments Reply with quote

This will work. If you use retrieve your messages via iCloud on a browser instead of opening in the software, it opens fine.

If anyone has a fix via the iMail software, please let me know.

Thanks,
Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: