Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Email error / Form will not submit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
puddlez

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:27 am    Post subject: Email error / Form will not submit Reply with quote

Error: We're sorry but you did not fill out all of the required fields. Please push the back button on your browser and fill out all of the required fields.

URL: http://new.ietltd.com/shop/-b

Tried: Checking it out in different browsers, using strictly the html code generated, double checking the question number, etc. It is correctly set up as <input name="email" type="text" id="email" size="20" maxlength="100" />

That's about all the troubleshooting I know to try first on my end. Any thoughts on next steps or what I may have done wrong would be graetly appreciated.

Thanks!!!
Julie
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

The code on your site is incorrect. By default, an email address field is added to all forms. In addition to this, you created a separate question called 'EMAIL'. When it came time to post the code to your site, you simply deleted the extra e-mail question in the code, but not from the actual form configuration.

You need to delete the extra e-mail field under:

Edit > Add / Edit / Delete Questions

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
puddlez

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:24 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Ugh, sorry about that... Appreciate the fast feedback! Smile
jdcarter

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Email Error Question Reply with quote

I am quite perplexed right now.

How do I delete the email field under edit > add/edit/delete question?
puddlez

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:37 am    Post subject: Not sure if this will help... Reply with quote

The error in the original case was my fault.... I added my own email field when there is one added by default through the program.

The email field that this form tool adds by default is required no matter what. There is no way to get rid of it without "breaking" the form that I know of.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Email Error Question Reply with quote

jdcarter wrote:
I am quite perplexed right now.

How do I delete the email field under edit > add/edit/delete question?

The e-mail address field that is automatically cannot be deleted.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: