Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Date selector not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Everything Else
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barendfaber

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:08 am    Post subject: Date selector not working Reply with quote

Hi,

I am using Netobjects Fusion for my site designs, I added a contact form on www.test.digi-blue.co.uk/html/bookings.html, however my date selectors are positioned at the bottom of the page, and I do not have "position:relative" on my stylesheet. I can't believe you tell users that the only way to fix this is to "remove all the site CSS from that page". Surely you must know how to fix this? I have tried it in 4 different browsers (Safari, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Firefox), can you help me to fix this please?

Barend
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

This is a conflict with your page CSS. You need to look at the CSS on your site and see what elements it is controlling, and then look at the code for the calender and see what elements are contained within it. This was you can see how the CSS on your site is inadvertently controlling the calender display.

If you post your form with the calender on it, I can take a look and tell specifically what the issue is.

Note in the coming 2-4 months we're going to be rolling out a massive update that will include a revision to how the calender code is written which will hopefully resolve these conflicts.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
barendfaber

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the reply. I have now added the clean code to the site, when I click on the date selector it is displayed at the bottom of the page. If I use the other recommendation to delete "position:relative", it shows the calendar between the Arrival and Departure dates (which is better), but when I have selected my dates, it leaves a blank open space where the calander was. If you can look at the first one, and then I can change it so you can see what happens when I remove the "position" bit. Much appreciated.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barendfaber wrote:
Thank you for the reply. I have now added the clean code to the site, when I click on the date selector it is displayed at the bottom of the page. If I use the other recommendation to delete "position:relative", it shows the calendar between the Arrival and Departure dates (which is better), but when I have selected my dates, it leaves a blank open space where the calander was. If you can look at the first one, and then I can change it so you can see what happens when I remove the "position" bit. Much appreciated.

Good Day,

I go to the following URL, and I do not see the date selector.

http://www.test.digi-blue.co.uk/html/bookings.html

I need to be able to see the actual code in order to determine the best way to adjust the CSS.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
barendfaber

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this page: http://www.cotswold-hotel.co.uk/html/test.html. Please could you urgently help as I would like to complete this, and also keep a record of what I need to do in future to stop the same issue from cropping up again.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barendfaber wrote:
Try this page: http://www.cotswold-hotel.co.uk/html/test.html. Please could you urgently help as I would like to complete this, and also keep a record of what I need to do in future to stop the same issue from cropping up again.

I believe the issue is with this line in your CSS code:

Code:
div#Text9LYR { position:absolute; top:438px; left:130px; width:685px; height:14px; z-index:9 }

The form code is within this Div, which means the div holding the calender is picking up its attributes. You're going to need to experiment with altering the CSS in order to get it to work for both your layout and the calender.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
anamultimedia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a fix:

http://mycontactform.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4824#4824
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Everything Else All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: