Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Same Form / Different Pages

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management
View previous topic :: View next topic  
webcraftau

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:56 am    Post subject: Same Form / Different Pages Reply with quote

Hi,

I would like to have a simple form (name, email and comments) on several of my pages. A simple copy and paste of the codes on each page would make it very quick.

From what I understand I would need to go back in and create the form each time (14 steps...and more) for each page as each form is attached to a URL.

Is there an easy way for me to put a simple feedback form on multiple pages?

Thanks
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

The best way to do this is to simply list all of the URLs the form will live on under the 'Form Location' setting under Edit > Basic Form Information. This will allow you to place the same form on multiple pages without having to duplicate the form.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
webcraftau

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your response Nick. Is there a limit to the number of pages I can list?
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

webcraftau wrote:
Thank you for your response Nick. Is there a limit to the number of pages I can list?

No limit.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
webcraftau

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again for your reply Nick, however I have received the following error message when I list all my URL's.

Error! The total number of characters that all of your URLs are allowed to add up to is 3000. The character count for all of your URLs is 4932. Click here and try entering fewer URLs

Is it unlimited with the Premium version perhaps??
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

webcraftau wrote:
Thanks again for your reply Nick, however I have received the following error message when I list all my URL's.

Error! The total number of characters that all of your URLs are allowed to add up to is 3000. The character count for all of your URLs is 4932. Click here and try entering fewer URLs

Is it unlimited with the Premium version perhaps??

Please make sure that you are enter a hard return between each URL instead of putting them on the same line. I logged in to your account, and am not seeing anything that looks suspicious and would cause this.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
webcraftau

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again for the response Nick.

I understand what you are saying about putting a hard return at the end of each URL, and I have double checked this. However I definately cannot put more than 3000 characters in.

I have experimented up to 2999, but the moment I put another character in, it give me the error message.

Is there any way around this?
webcraftau

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you could please take another look at my account.

I have numerous URL's in there, but the moment I try to add one more, it gives me the error message.

I would like to pay for a Premium Account, but I need to solve this problem first and know that the program will do what I need it to do.

Thanks
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

webcraftau wrote:
If you could please take another look at my account.

I have numerous URL's in there, but the moment I try to add one more, it gives me the error message.

I would like to pay for a Premium Account, but I need to solve this problem first and know that the program will do what I need it to do.

Thanks

I see now that you are actually exceeding the character limit for the URLs. Unfortunately, you will not be able to exceed this number of URLs. You'll need to create a duplicate form and use this code on the other pages.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
webcraftau

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what you are saying is, it is NOT unlimited.

Thanks Nick. Might have to do some more searching.

Cheers
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

webcraftau wrote:
So what you are saying is, it is NOT unlimited.

Thanks Nick. Might have to do some more searching.

Cheers

While there is nothing that limits the physical number of addresses, it turns out that there is a database issue that I wasn't aware of that limits the size of all the URLs combined to 3000 characters. I have been able to increase this to 9000. Hopefully this number will work for you.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: