Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

email handler

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Everything Else
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tranquil

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: email handler Reply with quote

I hope someone can help

why do email addresses of 'incoming' messages from the contactform get mixed up ?

ie in outlook properties of a senders email address you get :

domain.nl jjvlebon@tdomain.nl

where is should be

jjvlebon@domain.nl

Any help really appreciated
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

What version of Outlook are you using. I think it might be occurring in the newest edition, so it is likely a bug in the way their software is translating the email header.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Tranquil

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:31 am    Post subject: OL Reply with quote

I'm using O'Look 2007 (professional)

But the issue, as you know, is that the email-Professional (that collects our emails) is reading the 'sender' address in a fragmented format - as it is displayed in outlook, so the two issues seem to be related.

Not sure why, but this was not the case until recently (with mycontact), prev'ly the incoming emails were correctly formatted ie sender = <name@domain.com> not as they are now <domain.com name@domain.com>

I really appreciate your assistance Nick
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

This is very odd indeed. Nothing has changed with the way myContactForm.com sends the email headers for several years. This leads me to believe that there was most likely an update to the email client software which was likely automatically applied to your install which is changing how the addresses are displayed. Our email headers are formed according to International Standards, so they should be compatible with all email clients.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Everything Else All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: