Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lost Password....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> My User Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dfahrney

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Lost Password.... Reply with quote

Nick:

Several months back I signed up for the paid account. I believe my user name is TDFahrney and my email address is dfahrney@miamitownship.com and I cannot get the system to send me the password reset request. It acknowledges the request and says the email address exists but then never sends the email. I've checked my spam folders.

Please Help....

Thanks

Dale Fahrney
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Dale,

The email you entered is correct, and the lost password message is being sent. If it is not getting to you, it is most likely being filtered wither on your email server end or by your local email client.

Unfortunately, this is the only designated 'contact' address listed under your account, and is the only address we can send the reset information to.

Please contact your email provider to resolve this. You need to ensure that the following email addresses do not get filtered:

info@mycontactform.com
anonymous@mycontactform.com

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
dfahrney

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it..... Reset.... Thanks
songsender

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:46 am    Post subject: Also having "lost password" issues Reply with quote

I too am having problems with the "lost my password".

I received a notice to renew on of my client accounts - Peggychesen (username). I cannot find my password - and when I click on the "lost password" link neither myself nor Peggy Chesen get an email to reset the password.

I understand this could possibly be a spam filtering issue. Can you help me please???

pburner@slidearts.com
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: Also having "lost password" issues Reply with quote

songsender wrote:
I too am having problems with the "lost my password".

I received a notice to renew on of my client accounts - Peggychesen (username). I cannot find my password - and when I click on the "lost password" link neither myself nor Peggy Chesen get an email to reset the password.

I understand this could possibly be a spam filtering issue. Can you help me please???

pburner@slidearts.com

The lost password page will give you confirmation of specific email addresses the instructions have been sent to. If you are not getting these messages at the specified addresses, then there is a filtering issue. Please read the following FAQ:

http://www.mycontactform.com/faq.php?fiddet=63&ptid=6&stid=8

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
ncrenosparks

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lat week I signed up for Premium but need to get my password back. I've gone through all the steps in 'Lost Password' trying to reset but have never received an email notice.

My email provider obviously is not stopping email from myContactForm (info@mycontactform.com) as I received email when first registered, upgraded to Premium and then a received response to a Form created for our website.

Came here to see if I can get some help and read in the Help Center that you use the same login info here for the Forums. Since I did not have my password I used the Forgot Password feature here with my original sign-up User-Name and received an email with a new password which works fine here.

With that the password does NOT let me login to myContactForm main page so that I can use that service.

So.....how can I get a password that works?

Someone in the 'know' please contact me via email;

lgarot@gmail.com

Thanks
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LGarot wrote:
Lat week I signed up for Premium but need to get my password back. I've gone through all the steps in 'Lost Password' trying to reset but have never received an email notice.

My email provider obviously is not stopping email from myContactForm (info@mycontactform.com) as I received email when first registered, upgraded to Premium and then a received response to a Form created for our website.

Came here to see if I can get some help and read in the Help Center that you use the same login info here for the Forums. Since I did not have my password I used the Forgot Password feature here with my original sign-up User-Name and received an email with a new password which works fine here.

With that the password does NOT let me login to myContactForm main page so that I can use that service.

So.....how can I get a password that works?

Someone in the 'know' please contact me via email;

lgarot@gmail.com

Thanks

Good Day,

Changing your password within the forum will not change the account password. I have gone ahead and submitted the lost password script, manually confirming that the lost password email is being sent.

If you do not receive this email, then your email provider is blocking / filtering the message. The fact that other emails get to you is not relevant as all filtering is done on a per email basis. The automated nature of the lost password function makes them particularly susceptible to filtering issues.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
ncrenosparks

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Nick.

Email received no problem and password reset.

I understood that changing the password here in the Forums was probably not going to work for our main account but it was worth a shot since the Lost Password feature was not working for me.

As I mentioned previously I had no problems receiving email from the site before...only when trying to do the Lost Password.

Thanks again Nick and we look forward now to using myContact more in the future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> My User Information All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: