Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Message Center problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
optimus21

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:31 pm    Post subject: Message Center problem Reply with quote

I am getting more registrations sent to my email than appear in the message center where I can export the info. This happens quite often. ALso have people tell me they regosted and then never get it. Any help?
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: Message Center problem Reply with quote

optimus21 wrote:
I am getting more registrations sent to my email than appear in the message center where I can export the info. This happens quite often. ALso have people tell me they regosted and then never get it. Any help?

Without specifics, it is tough to diagnose any issues. Their is a very rare occurrence where the email will be sent without it being added to the Message Center if the sender of the form's internet connection experiences a disruption during the actual form submission. Other than that, it is pretty much an impossibility based on the way the scripts are written.

As for you not receiving a form, this is caused nearly 100% of the time be poor spam filtering.

http://www.mycontactform.com/faq.php?fiddet=63&ptid=6&stid=8

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcfdude7 wrote:
I discovered (and posted here) last july, that forms submitted at about 12 noon UK time, will time out and eventually give an error message if the person submitting the form waits long enough - sometimes it takes a couple of minutes before it gives up and displays the error.

I tested it myself several days in a row and it always happened at exactly the same time, and for anything up to 10 minutes before going back to normal.

However, the emails always seem to get sent instantly and received with no problems, but the message will not appear in the message center.

This is most likely being caused by our automatic backup system for the databases. It is possible if the form is sent within the precise window that this particular database table is being backed up, it could potentially send an email without adding it to the database.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: