Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Myspace contact form does not work.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aviatik

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Myspace contact form does not work. Reply with quote

I pasted the code in just as instructed, but I get these errors:

If you are the owner of this form you need to make sure to paste the html for the form that we provided you with exactly as it is onto your website.

You need to specify a subject for this e-mail. If there was no place to input a subject then the owner of the form does not have their form configured correctly.

URL: http://www.myspace.com/aviatik

Thanks!
Michael
Aviatik

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soo... no response? I guess your forms don't work on Myspace as advertised. If I don't hear back by the end of the day I'm pulling the form - I left it up so it would be possible to troubleshoot, but I'm not going leave a dead form on our page.
Aviatik

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick-

The form IS still up on the page - it's on the left column, next to the music player.

I copied & pasted the code exactly as I received it from the site - myspace does replace URLs with their own "mpslinks" and strips out <!-- --> style comment tags.

Please let me know if it's possible to get this working.

Thanks!
Michael
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Thank you for pointing out the location of the form.

It appears that myspace is changing the URL for the form target, and in the process breaking the form. Instead of submitting the form directly to the mycontactform.com service for processing, it is first hitting the msplinks.com URL and then forwarding to the mycontactform.com processing script. Unfortunately, in the process of doing this it is dropping all of the data that is submitted with the form. In the past, I have had success posting the forms under various sections of the profile, such as interests. I am unsure why myspace changes the code under some sections and not others.

Unfortunately, there is nothing on our end to change this as the problem is originating from myspace changing the code. I would suggest contacting their technical support to see if there is somewhere in the configuration of myspace to change how they edit external snippets of HTML.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
palment

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:39 am    Post subject: Myspace email form issue Reply with quote

So, since Myspace is editing the html automatically, it looks like your forms DO NOT work on Myspace, correct?
palment

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:02 am    Post subject: Myspace Form Issues Reply with quote

I am going to pull the form. Please let me know if there is a fix.
palment

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Myspace email form not working Reply with quote

I am using a myspace music profile, and it will not allow it. I was going to try inserting the code into my personal myspace page and it wants me to upgrade my myspace page just to be able to use the "Customize" feature, which I am not interested in doing. I prefer the look of the original myspace pages.

So, I guess it will not be possible for me to use your form. Please let me know if you find a solution.

Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: