Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Uploaded Photos Not Fully Showing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Contact Management
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sun_pluto_energy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:12 am    Post subject: Uploaded Photos Not Fully Showing Reply with quote

Hello

I am experiencing a problem with my contact "upload" form, where most of every photo that is received (about 60% of it) is "grayed out" (as a picture would appear in a graphic editor that had most of its image erased, with the remaining image showing as the default gray background).

When consulting my web-hosting provider about this issue, they also tried sending photos via mycontactform (through my website) but were met with the same problem: roughly 60% of all the photos received in my inbox were grayed out. They then tried sending photo attachments via ASPUpload and ASPMail components on their servers with much success. (However, they do not provide direct assistance with such matters but only have articles on how to go coding it yourself. I do not know how to do this, with the exception of cutting and pasting a pre-defined code - which is why I paid to use the uploading capability here.)

Just to make sure that the problem was not on their end, I also tried sending attachments via my regular e-mails (Yahoo! and Google) to my web user email and experienced no problems at all.

So this tells me that the problem is somewhere within the mycontactform upload code. (By the way, all of the other fields with respect to name, text forms, etc., are working as they should.)

Does anyone know how this problem can be solved? The code for the entire form (including the "upload" form, at the very end of the code) is:

<!-- Begin myContactForm.com Form HTML -->
<form name="contactForm" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data" action="http://www.mycontactform.com/sendform/sendform.php">
<input name="user" type="hidden" id="user" value="sun_pluto_energy" /><input name="formid" type="hidden" id="formid" value="278188" /><input name="subject" type="hidden" id="subject" value="Please Submit Birth Data" />
<table width="50%" style="border: 0px solid #000000; margin: 0; padding: 0; background-color: #FFFFFF;"><tr><td>
<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5">
<tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana"><b> E-mail Address:<font color="#FF0000"> *</font></b></font></td><td><input name="email" type="text" id="email" size="20" maxlength="100" /></td></tr><tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana"><b>First Name<font color="#FF0000"> *</font></b></font></td><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana"><input name="q[1]" type="text" value="" size="20" maxlength="" /></font></td></tr><tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana"><b>Last Name<font color="#FF0000"> *</font></b></font></td><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana"><input name="q[2]" type="text" value="" size="20" maxlength="" /></font></td></tr><tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana"><b>C.I.C. (if applicable)</b></font></td><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana"><input name="q[3]" type="text" value="" size="20" maxlength="" /></font></td></tr><tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana"><b>Date of Birth (m/d/yr)<font color="#FF0000"> *</font></b></font></td><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana"><input name="q[4]" type="text" value="" size="20" maxlength="" /></font></td></tr><tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana"><b>Time of Birth (indicate AM or PM)<font color="#FF0000"> *</font></b></font></td><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana"><input name="q[5]" type="text" value="" size="20" maxlength="" /></font></td></tr><tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana"><b>EXACT Birth Address and/or Name of Hospital<font color="#FF0000"> *</font></b></font></td><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana"><textarea name="q[6]" cols="20" rows="3" ></textarea></font></td></tr><tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana"><b>Significant Event #1 (m/d/yr)<font color="#FF0000"> *</font></b></font></td><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana"><textarea name="q[7]" cols="20" rows="3" ></textarea></font></td></tr><tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana"><b>Significant Event #2 (m/d/yr)<font color="#FF0000"> *</font></b></font></td><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana"><textarea name="q[8]" cols="20" rows="3" ></textarea></font></td></tr><tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana"><b>Significant Event #3 (m/d/yr)<font color="#FF0000"> *</font></b></font></td><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana"><textarea name="q[9]" cols="20" rows="3" ></textarea></font></td></tr><tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana"><b>Significant Event #4 (m/d/yr)<font color="#FF0000"> *</font></b></font></td><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana"><textarea name="q[10]" cols="20" rows="3" ></textarea></font></td></tr><tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana"><b>Significant Event #5 (m/d/yr)<font color="#FF0000"> *</font></b></font></td><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana"><textarea name="q[11]" cols="20" rows="3" ></textarea></font></td></tr><tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana"><b>Significant Event #6 (m/d/yr)</b></font></td><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana"><textarea name="q[12]" cols="20" rows="3" ></textarea></font></td></tr><tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana"><b>Significant Event #7 (m/d/yr)</b></font></td><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana"><textarea name="q[13]" cols="20" rows="3" ></textarea></font></td></tr><tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana"><b>Significant Event #8 (m/d/yr)</b></font></td><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana"><textarea name="q[14]" cols="20" rows="3" ></textarea></font></td></tr><tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana"><b>Issue(s) You Would Like Addressed<font color="#FF0000"> *</font></b></font></td><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana"><textarea name="q[16]" cols="20" rows="3" ></textarea></font></td></tr><tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana"><b>Cell/Phone Where You Can Be Reached<font color="#FF0000"> *</font></b></font></td><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana"><input name="q[15]" type="text" value="" size="20" maxlength="" /></font></td></tr><tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana"><b> Upload Photos (for verification of Ascendant sign) </b></font></td><td><input type="file" name="attach" /></td></tr><tr><td colspan="2"><hr size="1" /></td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2"><input name="submit" type="submit" value="Submit" /> <input name="reset" type="reset" value="Reset" /> <input type="button" value="Print" onClick="window.print()" /> </td></tr>
<tr><td><font color="#FF0000" size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><b>*</b></font> <font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Required</font></td><td align="right"></td></tr>
</table></td></tr></table></form>
<!-- End myContactForm.com Form HTML -->

Thank you,
shaun
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

There are a few possibilities that would cause this.

1. Attempting to upload a file larger than 2.5 mb.
2. Posting from a slow internet connection.
3. Posting a photo that has an inherent problem in the actual structure of the file.
4. Testing your form during the small window in which our server is preforming it's nightly database backups.
5. Problems with the software you are using to open the sent image.

I have personally not had this issue, so it is tough for me to diagnose. If you could post a link to your form, I will send a test through.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
sun_pluto_energy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Reply Reply with quote

mycontac wrote:
There are a few possibilities that would cause this.

1. Attempting to upload a file larger than 2.5 mb.
2. Posting from a slow internet connection.
3. Posting a photo that has an inherent problem in the actual structure of the file.
4. Testing your form during the small window in which our server is preforming it's nightly database backups.
5. Problems with the software you are using to open the sent image.

I have personally not had this issue, so it is tough for me to diagnose. If you could post a link to your form, I will send a test through.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com

Hi Nick,

None of the above is the cause that relates to my problem.

Numbers 1., 2., 3. don't apply, because none of those factors were existent (the photos were not even 1mb - most were less than 100kb; I have DSL connection; and the files/photos were sent from different computers... Also, when I sent the photos from my e-mail accounts, they arrived as they should). Number 4.: I don't know what location your servers perform its nightly database backups, but I tried sending the photos in the morning and night where I live, so even if there is time zone difference, the photos did not come through either way. Number 5. my hosting service provider's software has been tested and found to be without any problems. This was confirmed by the fact when I decided to send files from my Yahoo! and Google accounts to same.

That leaves the problem to be left in the upload code - or code itself.

I posted the link code above (in red letters) - unless I misunderstood what you meant. Are you asking me to post the page to my actual website where the upload link is located?

I can readily supply that if that's what you're asking - but the code would still be exactly the same.

Please let me know so I can proceed accordingly.

Thank you.
Shaun
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

I assure you there is nothing wrong with the code. Thousands of users sends jpgs without error.

In any case, I need a link to the actual website where the form resides in order to test it.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
sun_pluto_energy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here it is:

http://www.soul-map.com/services_individual_consultations.html
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Test email sent. Please forward the result to the email address given in the message. I will post back to here.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
sun_pluto_energy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I forwarded it to the address you indicated.

Shaun
sun_pluto_energy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:54 am    Post subject: You were right, Nick Reply with quote

Thank you, Nick.

You were absolutely right - the error was/is on my hosting provider's end. I apologize for my error in attributing it to your form.

Many thanks,
Shaun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Contact Management All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: