Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Form not appearing on web site

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lizsobel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Form not appearing on web site Reply with quote

HELP!!! The forms that I have do not show up when I publish to the web.
They are there when I preview them, so clearly the address I'm putting in must not be correct. I've tried every combination that I can think of but something is clearly missing. Any thoughts as to what to try next?

Many Thanks.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Good Day,

Have you copied the code from the 'Get HTML' portion of the control panel, pasted the code to your website, and then uploaded the file to your web server? This is the basic process for adding a form to your web site. Forms do not automatically post to your website, you need to first insert the code into your HTML files and then upload them your web server.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
lizsobel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:28 am    Post subject: Form not appearing on web site Reply with quote

Absolutely. I've been using your services since September and this is the first time that I've run in to any trouble. In fact, everything was working fine until about 10 days ago. When I look at the files being uploaded to the server, everything looks great. Unfortunately, the form does not appear after posting to the web (http://www.bestbridgeatsea.com/Page_3_Passenger_Information_Sheet.html)

Any ideas?

I tried changing the form location as follows:

http://www.bestbridgeatsea.com/page_4_bridge_submit_files/widget0_markup.html

What, if anything, am I missing?
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: Form not appearing on web site Reply with quote

lizsobel wrote:
Absolutely. I've been using your services since September and this is the first time that I've run in to any trouble. In fact, everything was working fine until about 10 days ago. When I look at the files being uploaded to the server, everything looks great. Unfortunately, the form does not appear after posting to the web (http://www.bestbridgeatsea.com/Page_3_Passenger_Information_Sheet.html)

Any ideas?

I tried changing the form location as follows:

http://www.bestbridgeatsea.com/page_4_bridge_submit_files/widget0_markup.html

What, if anything, am I missing?

Good Day,

Unfortunately, there isn't a lot of guidance I can give you as the form not appearing on the web site has absolutely nothing to do with our service. All the 'Form Location' setting does is act as a security feature checking that the submitted form is being sent from the URL it is supposed to be. It will not effect whether or not the form is being displayed on your website. All of our forms are standard HTML that will display on any website regardless of the 'Form Location' setting. I searched through your HTML source and there is no trace of the form within the code. This means that the form code is not being added to the live version of the code on your web server. I am not sure what technology you are using to create the website, but you need to look into the reason why your updated web page is not being posted to the internet.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: