Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Form not Showing Submit button on Website

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Everything Else
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmunson

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Form not Showing Submit button on Website Reply with quote

I have developed my survey form and all looks good. I have pasted the html into my IWEB site and uploaded it via FETCH to my website: www.erlangerwindow.com When I go to the Survey form there it doesn't show the submit button so there is no way anyone can complete it. However, it looks good in my IWEB and it is workable if I log into my website by using Safari to see it. It is not right when viewing the website from Firefox. What's the deal? I'm confused and worried that my customers will be using the wrong one!
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Good Day,

I assume you are referencing the following form:

http://www.erlangerwindow.com/Site/Survey_Form.html

I've looked at it in both Firefox 3.0.11 as well as IE 8 and see the submit button without error.

The problem you are experiencing is most likely due to the face the the form is being held within an iframe on your site (I believe this is the way iWeb does all widgets):

Code:
iframe id="widget1-frame" src=".//Survey_Form_files/widget1_markup.html" frameborder="0" style="width: 100%; height: 100%;" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

Iframe support in older browsers is quite variable, which is the most likely cause that the submit button is being cut off. I am not sure if iWeb allows you to manually edit code, but messing with the height parameter in the code above (testing it out by setting it to various fixed pixel dimensions) should give you something that is workable. Another possibility (probably easier) would be to paste the myContactForm.com code into the widget, and then immediately after the form code add some addition space with line breaks to give you a bit of margin. Basically just add the following to the end of the myContactForm.com code:

Code:
<br><br><br><br>

I'd play with the number of <br>'s until the spacing looks good.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
dmunson

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Nick. The form has a submit button now because I actually edited the original form and made it smaller with fewer questions. This apparently adjusted it in a way to satisfy the height dimensions you referenced above. I will definitely do the tips you gave me for the next form.
RedPride

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey i got similar problem. Cant see the submit button with Safari on my Mac. Using Firefox everything is fine. Is it a bug , how to fix it ? Wont post my blog's url cause dont want to spam. Stellenangebote
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by RedPride on Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

RedPride wrote:
Hey i got similar problem. Cant see the submit button with Safari on my Mac. Using Firefox everything is fine. Is it a bug , how to fix it ? Wont post my blog's url cause dont want to spam.
Thanks in advance.

It is not possible to determine the issue without checking the live form.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
DiamondBourse

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: No submit button Reply with quote

I have a similar problem on http://diamondbourse.com.au/Contact_us.html - no submit button and some extra lines/characters at the start of the form. The site has been done in Iweb.

It all looks fine in Iweb but then looks like this when uploaded.

Help!
DiamondBourse

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:57 am    Post subject: Submit button Reply with quote

Hi

Am really desperate to fix this problem on http://diamondbourse.com.au/Contact_us.html

I just tried adding the extra <br> at the end of the form, but nothing helped. I also need to get rid of the characters at the start of the form.

Please assist urgently.
Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Everything Else All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: