Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

verification code error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freelysd

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:48 am    Post subject: verification code error Reply with quote

We previously had a premium membership and have had to drop that for a time.
The problem I have is that the verification anti-spam mode was enabled when we were premium. I can't seem to disable that because we aren't premium anymore, so we can't use the other form service now either due to that being enabled on that particular form.

suggestions on how to get around this glitch?
thanks!
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

The form is updated within the control panel. We cannot change the actual code on your website. Please login, click 'Get HTML', and then paste the updated code to your site.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
freelysd

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks. Unfortunately I am unable to access the part that controls the verification code because we don't have that service. If I was able to go in and disable it from the form management, it would be great. But I have to have the premium service to even disable it.
It appears to have been left as enabled upon not renewing our premium service. so I have not been able to access that part of our form management.

I have c/p the html into the web page with our current form/service, however it still reads as "incorrect verification code", so the form won't send.

thanks though. it was a good thought. unless I am missing something else.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

freelysd wrote:
thanks. Unfortunately I am unable to access the part that controls the verification code because we don't have that service. If I was able to go in and disable it from the form management, it would be great. But I have to have the premium service to even disable it.
It appears to have been left as enabled upon not renewing our premium service. so I have not been able to access that part of our form management.

I have c/p the html into the web page with our current form/service, however it still reads as "incorrect verification code", so the form won't send.

thanks though. it was a good thought. unless I am missing something else.

Upon deactivation of the premium service, all form code updates within the control panel. Please make sure that you have completely deleted the code form your site and then replaced it with fresh code from your control panel. Also, make sure to clear the cache on your web browser so that you are viewing a fresh copy of your site and not the cached version (click refresh while holding the Shift button).

What is the URL of the form experiencing this issue?

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
freelysd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your help on this.

When I go to preview from form management, it does not show a verification code to enter.
Neither does it show this on the form on the webpage which is

http://www.pawstofreedom.org/volapplication.html

yet when I complete the form and submit, this is the message that I get

Your verification code was entered incorrectly. Please try again.

I have cleared cache, I have gone to get html code and cleared and put the new one in about 3 times and still get the same reply.

I've been putting forms into our site for several years. Maybe I'm doing something weird with this one, but I just can't figure it out. If you can help I'd be so grateful!
thanks
Mara
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Mara,

Thank you for the additional information. I found an oversight within one of our scripts which caused you to experience this error. I have resolved the issue, and your forms should now function properly.

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: