Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Couldn't Execute Message Query
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: Couldn't Execute Message Query Reply with quote

mcfdude7 wrote:
I haven't had any submissions from my contact form for a few weeks now, and was concerned that something might be wrong. I've tested it myself a few times, from all possible url variations, and using a variety of browsers, and it's been working fine.

But today, I asked someone in the U.S. to test it out for me (I'm in the UK) just in case other people were having problems with it, although I couldn't see how that would happen since I'm loading exactly the same page off the server that any other visitor would be.

Anyway, he submitted the form from both pages that it's on - an EU and US version of the site - and received a "Couldn't Execute Message Query" error message. I actually received both of the emails, but neither message is in the message center.

Neither of the pages that the forms are on have been updated in any way since the forms were originally added in February. The only change I've made was to edit the "send to address" in the form admin, but that obviously doesn't change the html in any way, so I didn't re-paste the form html. I changed the send to address on 6th June, and since then I've only had one submission (on 12th June). I don't get very many submissions from the form, but it's very unusual to go more than a couple of weeks without one, so obviously, I'm concerned that others have been getting the "Couldn't Execute Message Query", but unlike today's test, I didn't get the emails.

The forms are on the following pages:

http://www.neofactionapparel.com/eu/about.html
and
http://www.neofactionapparel.com/about.html

The person in the US who tested the forms for me sent them at this time:

Sent: 07/15/2009 at 03:13 AM

That's the time shown in the email, the person was in Texas, so since I received the email at 12:13 pm in the UK, I think he would have sent it at 6:13 am local time. I thought the MyContactForm server would be 8 hours behind GMT, which would have made it 04:13 am, not 03:13 am like it says in the email.

The reason I'm questioning the time, is because I wondered if the error message is because of a sever time-out. I think I read in another thread about backups being run in the early hours? He contacted me a bit later to say that it took nearly 3 minutes to give the error message, so it does sound like it timed out trying to connect. He was also using IE8, which is the only major browser I haven't tested myself.

After finding out that this person got the error message, I asked someone else in the US to try it out, and her submission, about 2 and a half hours later, worked fine.

Any ideas?

This error was most likely caused if the submission happened to occur at the same time as our nightly database backups / maintenance processes. These processes run in the early morning hours (Central Time, US). These updates tend to only cause issues for the minute or two that they are running (more often that not there is no disruption).

This error is pretty rare, but is more likely to occur if the user is sending the form from a slow internet connection.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

mcfdude7 wrote:
So if he was submitting at around 6:00 am in Texas, that wouldn't have coincided with the backups, would it? Surely they would have run earlier than that? Also, he's not likely to have been on a slow connection, since he runs some websites of his own.

His two emails were 4 minutes apart (one from my US form and one from the EU form).

Would the specific error message mentioned by the one received if there was a time out?

This error message occurs while we are processing out database backups. This occurs at approximately 3:00am central US time. Perhaps the time the form was submitted is being confused (according to your email, it sounds like this is when it was sent in Texas)?

This is really the only time the error message typically shows up. It is possible also however that our hosting provider (Rackspace) was doing some datacenter maintenance which could have caused the outage.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Intellitrain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:01 am    Post subject: Errors in form submission Reply with quote

We have been experiencing errors with 2 of our forms for several hours, not several minutes.
Users see a "Couldn't execute query 3" when they submit. The forms were fine for 2 days.
Could mycontactform please help resolve this immediately as it is impacting business.
Thanks.
heffaroo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:34 am    Post subject: Same problem Reply with quote

Hi guys, yeah I'm having the same problem. I'm receiving the form data ok but users will think their submissions are failing.

Could we have an update as to when this will be rectified?

Many Thanks,

Paul.
robertbillington

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, same thing happening with my hosted forms, with same error message. Also happens if I try and access message centre.

Getting multiple form submissions and emails from my customers who think their forms aren't getting through. I've put a "system problem" warning message on my website, but would appreciate a quick fix please.

Thanks.
mbulox

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: I'm getting this same message too Reply with quote

I'm receiving this message too...in other posts I have read that this happens when you guys back up the information at 3 am central time...I am in central time and right now is 10.19 am, I just tested it and still not working...please fix asap...for many of us our businesses really depend on your service.

Thanks.
Otherworlder1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:33 am    Post subject: Couldn't execute query. 3 Reply with quote

Provide an ETA for resolution to this issue. As your users state we depend on your service.
AgentQuest

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need this fixed ASAP! Losing business every hour this is down. Please help us!
halljason4

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:40 am    Post subject: Getting the same error Reply with quote

Same issue here this morning.
Otherworlder1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: So what's the deal Reply with quote

I'm furiously recreating forms on my website - keep in mind I have about 50 forms that need to be fixed. Is this going to be fixed? And when?
Otherworlder1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:18 am    Post subject: So now it's 9:15am - Arizona Time Reply with quote

Is this going to be fixed? What's the ETA? No contact? Helloooooooo?????
AgentQuest

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My forms are working again!! Thanks!!
Otherworlder1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: Happy forms are working again but... Reply with quote

It's absolutely imperative that when these types of situations occur that customers are kept informed as to the progress of resolution. The majority of users are small businesses and as such, rely on this registration information to grow their business and make money. While my company is not small, I have at least 60 forms on our site which rely on your service.

The forms and company you have created are wonderful, cost effective and provide a level of data capture that may be impossible for businesses to enjoy otherwise. But in order to ensure good customer service, it is imperative that a process be put into place which outlines resolution steps.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Good Day,

In the early morning hours (PST) of Friday August 28 2009 our service experienced an unexpected daabase problem. The problem was discovered and has been fixed. Unfortunatley, due to the nature of the issue, it took several hours to fix. In addition, we have researched the source of the issue and taken measures to prevent it's future occurance.

As with all Internet applications, myContactForm.com is subject to service outages. We have an extremely good track record of providing consistent uptime, and strive to maintain an extremely reliable service. Our systems are monitored 24 hours a day, 365 days a year so that problems can be quickly discovered and fixed.

We apprceciate your continued support and business.

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
star2008

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: "Couldn't Execute Message Query" Reply with quote

Two of our cusomers experienced this problem today. They received the error message, and the confirmation e-mail, but their form data was not saved. One was at 7:05 EST; don't know the other.

Is this a glitch that is passed, or do I need to be more vigilant for awhile? Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: