Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Form not being delivered

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mbridwell

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Form not being delivered Reply with quote

I'm having a similar problem to numerous posts, and am hoping my issue is a simple coding error. I've conducted numerous Submit tests with my form. Upon submitting, I'm taken directly back to my Form page instead of my preferred redirect page. And the form never shows up, neither in the Form Admin area or in my inbox.

Form is located here: http://www.digitalprojection.com/CompanyInformation/CEDIA09PartyRSVP/tabid/107/Default.aspx

Thanks in advance for your help.
mbridwell

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: Anyone at myContactForm have an idea as to the issue? Reply with quote

I registered as a paying customer specifically to implement this form, but haven't seen any activity on this issue as of yet. Greatly appreciate someone looking into the issue.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Good Day,

The issue is that you are inserting your form HTML within an existing and open form tag on your site. If you look at the actual source code on your live site you will see the following near the beginning:

Code:
<form name="Form" method="post" action="/CompanyInformation/CEDIA09PartyRSVP/tabid/107/Default.aspx" id="Form" enctype="multipart/form-data" style="height: 100%;" autocomplete="off">

You have placed the myContactForm.com within this open form tag. This in effect hijacks the form, and instead of submitting the form data to our script for processing, it instead sends it to the URL in the 'action' parameter of the code above.

In order to solve this problem, you need to remove the above bit of code, or close the form tag before inserting the myContactForm.com code. This can be done relatively easily by adding a </form> before the myContactForm.com code.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
mbridwell

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:19 am    Post subject: still having issues, code is below Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, i'm unable to track down the errant Form opening tag. I'm using a module-based dot net nuke platform, just fyi. I've copied the code that I can access/alter below -- any idea where I should place the </form> tag, as I placed it in a few different spaces before the mycontactform code and only succeeded in pushing the form to the bottom of the page.
Thanks again.

<p><font size="3"><strong style="background-color: rgb(255,255,255)">RSVP FOR DIGITAL PROJECTION'S CEDIA PARTY! </strong></font><br />
<br />
<strong>Attention DP Dealers, Reps and Industry Partners -- you're invited to Digital Projection's CEDIA Party on Thursday, September 10th. </strong><br />
<br />
Details: <br />
When: Thursday, Sept. 10th, 6:30 pm - ?<br />
Where: <a href="http://www.sundialrestaurant.com/bar.php">The Sundial Bar, on the top floor of the Westin Hotel</a><br />
<br />
About the party: in honor of CEDIA being held in our home town, DP is throwing an invitation-only party for our dealers, Reps and industry partners. We'll have live music, food, beverages, and great company on-hand, so please join us! To confirm your attendance, please RSVP below. <br />
<br />
About the Sundial Bar: The Sun Dial Bar is a rotating cocktail lounge that offers cool cocktails and live jazz by the Mose Davis Trio. The Sun Dial Bar completes one full 360-degree revolution every 35 minutes, providing a complete panorama of Atlanta. <br />
<br />
We'll have numerous reasons to celebrate, including a show-stealing CEDIA exhibit space (Booth #519) with numerous product launches. We couldn't have made such progress without your commitment to the most dazzling home entertainment displays, and are looking forward to thanking you in person!</p>
<!-- Begin myContactForm.com Form HTML -->
<form method="post" action="http://www.mycontactform.com/sendform/sendform.php" name="contactForm">
<p><input id="user" type="hidden" name="user" value="mbridwell" /><input id="formid" type="hidden" name="formid" value="241451" /><input id="subject" type="hidden" name="subject" value="CEDIA Party RSVP" /></p>
<table style="border-bottom: rgb(0,0,0) 0px solid; border-left: rgb(0,0,0) 0px solid; padding-bottom: 0pt; background-color: rgb(255,255,255); margin: 0pt; padding-left: 0pt; padding-right: 0pt; border-top: rgb(0,0,0) 0px solid; border-right: rgb(0,0,0) 0px solid; padding-top: 0pt" width="100%">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td>
<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5" width="100%">
<tbody>
<tr bgcolor="#efefef">
<td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Arial">E-mail Address:<font color="#ff0000"> *</font></font></td>
<td><input id="email" maxlength="100" name="email" type="text" /></td>
</tr>
<tr bgcolor="#ffffff">
<td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Arial">Your Name:<font color="#ff0000"> *</font></font></td>
<td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Arial"><input size="30" name="q[1]" type="text" /></font></td>
</tr>
<tr bgcolor="#efefef">
<td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Arial">Your Company Name:<font color="#ff0000"> *</font></font></td>
<td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Arial"><input size="50" name="q[2]" type="text" /></font></td>
</tr>
<tr bgcolor="#efefef">
<td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Arial">Your DP Regional Manager:<font color="#ff0000"> *</font></font></td>
<td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Arial"><input size="50" name="q[3]" type="text" /></font></td>
</tr>
<tr bgcolor="#ffffff">
<td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Arial">How Many Guests Will Attend?:<font color="#ff0000"> *</font></font></td>
<td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Arial"><input size="50" name="q[5]" type="text" /></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2"><hr size="1" />
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2"><input type="submit" name="submit" value="Submit" /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><font color="#ff0000" size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><strong>*</strong></font> <font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Required</font></td>
<td align="right"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><a href="http://www.mycontactform.com">Contact form by <strong>myContactForm.com</strong></a></font></td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
<p> </p>
<!-- End myContactForm.com Form HTML -->
</form>
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

The end form tag </form> should really be added somewhere before where the myContactForm.com code begins and after it is opened (the line I quoted in the earlier post). This bit of code was read directly off of the live site and is likely part of the template for your webpage (which might be tough to edit).

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: