Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Redirect page problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robertbillington

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:51 am    Post subject: Redirect page problem Reply with quote

Please can you help me? I am using a template website and need to include my form in a frame else the page becomes corrupted. However the full redirect page appears within the iframe. I have read through lots of help, and googled for solutions but have had no success in getting anything to work.

Here is a link to the form on my site, but not sure you will be able to access it since not switched online yet: http://www.quickonthenet.co.uk/demo/qotn/index.cfm?sid=45288&pid=702343

I would be very grateful for any suggestions.

Thank you,
Robert
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Good Day,

You can get the result you are desiring by altering a bit of the form code manually once you have copied and pasted it. Look for the following bit of code:

Code:
<form name="contactForm" method="post" action="http://www.mycontactform.com/hosted/sendform.php">

Change it to:

Code:
<form name="contactForm" method="post" action="http://www.mycontactform.com/hosted/sendform.php" target="_top">

This should do the trick. If it doesn't, try this replacing it with this bit of code:

Code:
<form name="contactForm" method="post" action="http://www.mycontactform.com/hosted/sendform.php" target="_parent">

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
robertbillington

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Nick,

Your fast response is much appreciated. I haven't been able to paste the html code into my website, as it is a template site and the page gets corrupted. I have been able to get round this by placing the lin to the hosted form in an iframe reference. I have tried amending this to include first target="_top" and then target="_parent", but it hasn't made any difference. The whole page, including menu buttons, still appears in the form window.

Here is the code from the last attempt:

<IFRAME height=700
src="http://www.mycontactform.com/hosted/form.php?formid=240877" width="80%" target="_parent"> </IFRAME>

Do you have anything else you can suggest please?

Yours hopefully,
Robert
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

robertbillington wrote:
Thanks Nick,

Your fast response is much appreciated. I haven't been able to paste the html code into my website, as it is a template site and the page gets corrupted. I have been able to get round this by placing the lin to the hosted form in an iframe reference. I have tried amending this to include first target="_top" and then target="_parent", but it hasn't made any difference. The whole page, including menu buttons, still appears in the form window.

Here is the code from the last attempt:

<IFRAME height=700
src="http://www.mycontactform.com/hosted/form.php?formid=240877" width="80%" target="_parent"> </IFRAME>

Do you have anything else you can suggest please?

Yours hopefully,
Robert

I see the problem now. I didn't realize you were using the hosted form option within the iframe on your site. Unfortunately, the target attribute needs to be added to the form code, not the iframe code. Since you are using the hosted form option, there is no way of manually editing this code.

Unfortunately, in order to get the form code to work while placing it within a frame is to host and manually edit the form code. The other option would be to create a simpler page to redirect to (just a basic thank you message HTML page without any of the navigation elements) and redirect to this.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
robertbillington

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Nick

Thank you for your reply. I understand and it is quite reasonable. I have found a workaround, which I am posting just in case there is someone else in my situation. That is, working with a template site that has problems if the html code is pasted into it so the only option is to be hosted on mycontactform and reference the hosted code from an iframe. The workaround isn't elegant, but it does work.

The basic concept is that the url redirection goes to a point some way further down the contact page which has the Thank you message on it. On the template site I am using the left hand menu is fixed higher up the page, so all the user sees in the iframe window is the thank you message.

So, here is the code for the Contact page on the template website:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<IFRAME height=700
src="http://www.mycontactform.com/hosted/form.php?formid=240877"
width="100%"> </IFRAME>

<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>

<P>&nbsp;</P><A name=thanks><STRONG>Thanks for your enquiry</STRONG></A><STRONG>
<BR></STRONG><BR>We will get in contact with you as soon as possible etc...

And for the redirect page url you need to add

/#thanks

so that it points to the bottom of the Contact page.

Regards,
Robert
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

robertbillington wrote:
Dear Nick

Thank you for your reply. I understand and it is quite reasonable. I have found a workaround, which I am posting just in case there is someone else in my situation. That is, working with a template site that has problems if the html code is pasted into it so the only option is to be hosted on mycontactform and reference the hosted code from an iframe. The workaround isn't elegant, but it does work.

The basic concept is that the url redirection goes to a point some way further down the contact page which has the Thank you message on it. On the template site I am using the left hand menu is fixed higher up the page, so all the user sees in the iframe window is the thank you message.

So, here is the code for the Contact page on the template website:

<IFRAME height=700
src="http://www.mycontactform.com/hosted/form.php?formid=240877"
width="100%"> </IFRAME>

<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>

<P>&nbsp;</P><A name=thanks><STRONG>Thanks for your enquiry</STRONG></A><STRONG>
<BR></STRONG><BR>We will get in contact with you as soon as possible etc...

And for the redirect page url you need to add

/#thanks

so that it points to the bottom of the Contact page.

Regards,
Robert

Looks like that does the trick. Glad that you were able to make it work out.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: