Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Email confirmation not being received - previously o.k.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Everything Else
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kazzib

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:51 am    Post subject: Email confirmation not being received - previously o.k. Reply with quote

Hi.. I am experiencing problems receiving confirmation emails, although previously this wasn't a problem. Any ideas?
kazzib

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:45 am    Post subject: ps Reply with quote

ps I use hotmail, and have tested sending an email from one hotmail account to another, no problems, I can also see the contact form details in the message centre, these just aren't being redirected to the allocated email account.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Hotmail is deleting / filtering your messages. They are notorious for doing this without user consent.

More Info:

http://www.mycontactform.com/faq.php?fiddet=63&ptid=6&stid=8

With Hotmail it is very important to never label or tag any form submissions (every spam ones) as 'Spam' or 'Junk Mail'. Hotmail is not intelligent enough to differentiate between the spam messages and genuine ones (as they are all sent from our server). If you tag any messages as such, Hotmail will simply start deleting all of your form submissions.

You will most likely need to contact Hotmail to get them to stop blocking your messages.

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
kweenofulz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: not getting emails Reply with quote

I have the same problem. I posted a little survey, it shows there's been at least 10 fill outs, but I received no emails. I don't use hotmail, and the email I use have been previously working just fine. I've send a message to mycontact folks, will they answer? Or what can I do?
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: not getting emails Reply with quote

kweenofulz wrote:
I have the same problem. I posted a little survey, it shows there's been at least 10 fill outs, but I received no emails. I don't use hotmail, and the email I use have been previously working just fine. I've send a message to mycontact folks, will they answer? Or what can I do?

Please read the following FAQ:

http://www.mycontactform.com/faq.php?fiddet=63&ptid=6&stid=8

Your email provider or spam filter is removing the messages (this is the case the vast majority of the time). You need to contact your provider and get them to 'whitelist' mycontactform.com.

If this still doesn't work, post the URL of your form and I will send a test through.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
kweenofulz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: no blocks - emails lost? Reply with quote

Hi, Nick
I've contacted my email provider, everything is ok on that front. I have two forms.
Contact Form - I tested it, filled out, and it got to me just fine
Feedback - I've tested it 4-5 times, never got anything, reposted HTML several times. Here is URL: http://www.salsasocialny.com/SalsaSocialNY.com/Feedback.html

Thanks for quick response!
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: no blocks - emails lost? Reply with quote

kweenofulz wrote:
Hi, Nick
I've contacted my email provider, everything is ok on that front. I have two forms.
Contact Form - I tested it, filled out, and it got to me just fine
Feedback - I've tested it 4-5 times, never got anything, reposted HTML several times. Here is URL: http://www.salsasocialny.com/SalsaSocialNY.com/Feedback.html

Thanks for quick response!

I logged in to your account and reset the 'send to' address to your gmail account. I sent a test through and got the following confirmation that it went through within our maillog:

Jul 28 08:47:12 mycontactform qmail: 1248788832.903484 starting delivery 955079: msg 395918 to remote [you@gmail.com]
Jul 28 08:47:14 mycontactform qmail: 1248788834.014156 delivery 955079: success: 209.85.217.19_accepted_message./Remote_host_said:_250_2.0.0_OK_1248788833_23si15345536gxk.58/

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
kweenofulz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:55 am    Post subject: What about the previous emails Reply with quote

Hi, Nick
Thank you so much for following up, I did receive the email you've sent!

However, what about the previous 11 emails? Is there any chance for you to forward them to me? I never got them, and would like to know what's in them.

Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Everything Else All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: