Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Date format incorrect even after I have changed my user info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> My User Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ozcons

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Date format incorrect even after I have changed my user info Reply with quote

Sad

Hi,

I have changed my date format to dd-mm-yy in my user information but my new forms are still formatted mm-dd-yy.

What am I doing wrong?

OZCONS
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Are you referring to the date question type, or the time/date stamp that is placed on the forms (at the beginning of the emails)?

This setting controls the date format for the time/date featured in the beginning of the form submissions. It does not change the format for the special date selector question type.

If you need to change the date selector question type on a form, you need to look at the actual form code and change all instances that say 'MM/DD/YYYY' to 'DD-MM-YYYY'.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
ozcons

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Nick,

I really need the form questions to be in format dd-mm-yyyy.

mm-dd-yyyy is mostly only used in the USA.

I guess that you already realise this in allowing the format to be changed for emails.

Would it be possible for a future version of program to include the option to change the question date format to the international dd-mm-yyyy?

I tried locating the code and changing it as you suggested but got some very strange results.

Regards,

OZCONS. Cool Cool Cool Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

ozcons wrote:
Thanks Nick,

I really need the form questions to be in format dd-mm-yyyy.

mm-dd-yyyy is mostly only used in the USA.

I guess that you already realise this in allowing the format to be changed for emails.

Would it be possible for a future version of program to include the option to change the question date format to the international dd-mm-yyyy?

I tried locating the code and changing it as you suggested but got some very strange results.

Regards,

OZCONS. Cool Cool Cool Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused

Yes, this is planned for a future update. I'm am unsure however when it will take place.

In the mean time, if you post a link to your form, I can give you the exact code that needs to be changed.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
ozcons

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the fast response Nick.

I found out what I was doing wrong in changing the code. The MM must not be in lower case- i.e. new code needed is dd-MM-yyyy

OZCONS Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> My User Information All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: