Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Edit Form Width

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thewoodlandsmusic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Edit Form Width Reply with quote

I have created three forms in mycontactform. One form is set to 400 pixels width. One is set to 50 percent width. They appear to be about the same width. A third form I have tried tirelessly to change the width. No matter what I put in for the form width, it does not change a thing. I'm stumped and frustrated. Please advise.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Please make sure that the length of the individual question inputs are sufficiently small enough to fit within the specified width. If they are too long, they will stretch out the form and nullify the setting that controls the form width.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
thewoodlandsmusic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Form Width Reply with quote

The forms are all similar and have long questions, this is true. But the summer registration form also has long questions but just makes more lines with less width and the fall registration form makes less lines, but wider. If it works for the summer form, why would it not work for the fall form? As for the question input lengths, do the answer choices apply to this too? Do I need to shorten the answers too? I don't understand why the forms are very similar, but look very different when the settings are the same and the questions similar lengths. Please advise. Thank you.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: Form Width Reply with quote

infokindermusik wrote:
The forms are all similar and have long questions, this is true. But the summer registration form also has long questions but just makes more lines with less width and the fall registration form makes less lines, but wider. If it works for the summer form, why would it not work for the fall form? As for the question input lengths, do the answer choices apply to this too? Do I need to shorten the answers too? I don't understand why the forms are very similar, but look very different when the settings are the same and the questions similar lengths. Please advise. Thank you.

The problem is most likely with the actual input boxes, not the text for the question. If you post a link to the forms, I can confirm this.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: