Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Include Tracking Information

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Contact Management
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kortia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Include Tracking Information Reply with quote

Is there any possible way to get the tracking information from where the person came from prior to filling out the form?

I have this feature on another form builder and it is awesome awesome information.

I do not have to ask the person where they came from or what search engine they used.

It also shows me what exact phrase they typed into the search engine when they found me. It creates a link to the exact place they came from!

Below is a sample of a contact form and the link.
The link on the bottom is what iam after

Name: Brandt
Email Address:
Zip Code: XX066
Please Check Application Pickup Truck: checked
What lift Capacity? 2000 LB: checked
Truck Make/Model Chevy 3500
Year: 2007
Checkboxes price please: checked
Phone number 555-555-5555

Page: www.123lift.com/get-a-quote/
Referring URL: http://www.google.com/search?q=tailgate+tommy+lift&hl=en&newwindow=1&start=10&sa=N
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

This is not possible on our form system because the actual form HTML is being hosted on your web server. You would need to add something to your webpage to track this. Google Analytics is very good and free.

http://www.google.com/analytics/

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
kortia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post Removed.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Like I said, we cannot provide tracking information because this would require myContactForm.com user's to place the processing script on their server. We don't do this because by hosting the script on our servers we can ensure 100% compatibility with all web hosts.

In the reference you made in the post I deleted (we are not interested in advertising other form processors on our site) all of the scripts are hosted on your own personal web server. This is how they can provide this information. The problem is that many hosts do not allow executable scripts. In addition, it can be a security risk because if there are any flaws in their scripting, it can be exploited to take control of your server.

Keep in mind that Google Analytics is extremely powerful, and can tell you exactly how the submitters of your forms are getting there.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
kortia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I for sure did not mean to piss you off. I love your service and had 0 intention of marketing anyone elses. Matter of fact I am in middle of switching all of my websites over because they are not good enough for advanced users.

On your from builder one of the reasons I went with you is because it says boldly: If you can dream it you can build it with "our' form builder.

I have no idea how all of this is done. The only thing I am good at is ranking, buidling sites is not my forte.

One thing I do know, if there is a will there is a way. Thomas Edison proved that.

Do you have an affiliate program? I know thousands of people that need this service. Matter of fact they are begging for this solution.
kortia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S It is the captcha part people are having issues with. that is what makes you guys so special. And the fact you do not have to convert a page to PHP.

Thanks again for your help.

Rod Harper
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Thank you for the reply; you have no worries about irritating us Smile It's just a tough business with more and more competitors each day (especially a lot of poor ones that are less-than-honest and at times have even stolen content from our site, verbatim), so we're not too keen on sending traffic to other sites.

We do not have an affiliate program at this time. This is something we have considered, and will add your email to the pending list of individuals that we will contact should we create one.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com

kortia wrote:
P.S It is the captcha part people are having issues with. that is what makes you guys so special. And the fact you do not have to convert a page to PHP.

Thanks again for your help.

Rod Harper
kortia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate that. Meanwhile I will see if I can get kicked out of the other forum while I tell everyone about mycontactform.com. They have a guy pushing a form builder that does not work very well. He makes it so complicated you have to pay him to do it for you. 30.00 a form is a bit expensive. He does donations as well.
I am sure his intensions are good.

He is also the forum administrator Shocked

But the forum is really geared to help with website building from scratch.
Kind of like dreamweaver, however there forms are horribly complicated.

To do a Captcha with his is like learning a new language.
fact is they need what you have badly.
Wish me luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Contact Management All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: