Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

text area missing in blog, wordpress

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mram

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: text area missing in blog, wordpress Reply with quote

I've been trying to insert an email form on wordpress, a blog for my site and almost everything works exept for the text area where people would write their comments.. any ideas? If you don't know, wordpress is a php script that creates a blog..but no email links anywhere and I really want one..a form preferably. I had a simple form, but the submit buttons end up inside the text area as text themselves. With the form(s) here they make the text box vanish.. Any ideas or suggestions? Think I'm just up a rope?

Thanks

If you need the link let me know. I can repaste it. I took it off because it looks rather stupid by itself there...
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with Wordpress or how to implement myContactForm.com code into it. If you could please post the URL of the form location, I will go ahead and take a look and see if I can figure it out.

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
mram

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, but I'll have to redo it all from jump.. I didn't save your code and took it off my site as well..
mram

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, got it, but something isn't even close to correct here. I might have to also write in the wordpress forum as well. I think they also may have solutions, but I would rather fix it here if possible. My DSL line went dead for a bit. It rained a lot a few days ago and the line has been freezing, thawing, freezing. etc, and each time it grounds out the line so... pain in the you know what..
Anyway, this is what I have so far..not good..
it's located at: http://irving.110mb.com/blog/category/email/

Code:
<p><strong>OK, Let's try this again.</strong> <!-- Begin myContactForm.com Form HTML --> <style type="text/css">.fieldstyle{font-family: Courier; font-size: 14px; font-weight: normal; color: #ffffff; background-color: #000099; border: 4px solid #FF0000; vertical-align: middle}</style></p>
<form name="contactForm" method="post" action="http://www.mycontactform.com/sendform/sendform.php"> <input type="hidden" name="user" id="user" value="mram48" /><input type="hidden" name="formid" id="formid" value="91079" />
<table width="75%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="1" bgcolor="#ffffff">
   <tr>
      <td>
<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" border="0">
   <tr bgcolor="#efefef">
      <td><font size="2" face="Arial" color="#000000"><strong> Subject:<font color="#ff0000"> *</font></strong></font></td>
      <td><select name="subject" id="subject" class="fieldstyle"><option value="I have a comment">I have a comment</option><option value="I have a question for ya">I have a question for ya</option><option value="I'm mearly killing time, yours and mine.">I'm mearly killing time, yours and mine.</option></select></td>
   </tr>
   <tr>
      <td colspan="2"><hr size="1" /></td>
   </tr>
   <tr>
      <td colspan="2"><input type="submit" name="submit" style="border: 2px solid #0000ff; font-size: 16px; color: #000000" value="Zap it along" /> <input type="reset" name="reset" style="border: 2px solid #0000ff; font-size: 16px; color: #000000" value="I screwed up" /> <input type="button" style="border: 2px solid #0000ff; font-size: 16px; color: #000000" value="Print this crap" onclick="window.print()" /></td>
   </tr>
   <tr>
      <td><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color="#ff0000"><strong>*</strong></font> <font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Required</font></td>
      <td align="right"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><a href="http://www.mycontactform.com">Powered by <strong>myContactForm.com</strong></a></font></td>
   </tr>
</table>
</td>
   </tr>
</table>
</form>
<p><!-- End myContactForm.com Form HTML --></p>
You can obviously see my comments in there, but all I get on the page is text, no box, no nothing now..
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

It appears that WordPress is not even building to the webpage the myContactForm.com HTML that you are trying to post. I think that you'll need to try and go through WordPresses' support forum.

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
mram

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem.. I think this might be a dead issue, but there was another blog that used your forms, but it isn't wordpress. If I do get one working I'll drop a note on how to do it.

My phone line got drenched in the rain..sorry I couldn't get back sooner.. Phone company fixed it yesterday Wink
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. From what I've read online, it seems that Wordpress doesn't like to allow external HTML in their blogs. It is very common for people to use myContactForm.com in their blogs, so I know it can be done. It seems rather easy to do with blogger, and I'm sure there is probably some sort of way to hack Wordpress to get it to work.

Best of luck.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
mram

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a problem.. We (A friend and I) just bought into a large server to run our own sites and to sell web space as cheap as we want so I can put any blog I want up and plenty of other stuff as well. We definately will keep your site in mind for further projects though and thanks for keeping in touch. I'll also put up a link for potential customers to use as well. Wink
Oh yeah, You should edit the board on one of the headers (I forget which) to put a link back to the site besides just back to the forums. I know how to get there quick, but not everyone does.

Always,
Whatever name I used here <grin> ..forgot, what can I say? I have a ton of board memberships Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: