Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Form Submission not working, even after correcting URL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Form Submission not working, even after correcting URL Reply with quote

Can someone please help me - I've created a form for our website, set it up, and am receiving an error message:

"This form is not being sent from the url where it is supposed to be located. If you are the owner of this form you need to ensure that the 'Form Location' is specified as isocm.com/contact/2009conf_reg.html. To change this, login to the site, click 'edit' next to the form's name, and then click the 'Basic Information' link to change the form's location."

The form's URL is: http://www.isocm.com/contact/2009conf_reg.html
which as far as I can tell, matches the URL in the error message.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance,
-David
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

I submitted the form and it appears to be working. If you are not receiving the form submissions, it is most likely due to an over-zealous spam filter.

http://www.mycontactform.com/faq.php?fiddet=63&ptid=6&stid=8

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
dl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Errors when submitting forms - update Reply with quote

I decided to make a copy of the existing form - and when I did, I discovered the settings which I had changed as instructed by myContactForm.com were not saved - however, when creating a copy, you can edit the same URL settings, and the new html code is available for placement in the site. I then copied the html into our site and the page works.
It appears that you can't modify the URL as easily as myContactForm.com suggests, nor can you contact them easily to let them know of this problem.

Thanks for your help!
-David
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Errors when submitting forms - update Reply with quote

dl wrote:
I decided to make a copy of the existing form - and when I did, I discovered the settings which I had changed as instructed by myContactForm.com were not saved - however, when creating a copy, you can edit the same URL settings, and the new html code is available for placement in the site. I then copied the html into our site and the page works.
It appears that you can't modify the URL as easily as myContactForm.com suggests, nor can you contact them easily to let them know of this problem.

Thanks for your help!
-David

I am not sure I understand the issue, but am glad it worked. Once you change the 'Form Location' the physical form HTML won't change. The only changes are made in the backend databases supporting the form. There isn't a need to update the HTML if this is the only change that is made.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
dl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:45 am    Post subject: update on what happened Reply with quote

I followed the instructions on myContactForm, to change the URL for the page, however it did not resolve the issue - I continued to receive the error message. Others who attempted to use the form also received the same error message about the page being directed to the wrong page.

Once I created a copy of the form, I walked through the initial steps of setting up the page, and it was on the "forward" page that I was finally able to change the URL to which the page would redirect.

If you want to do a go-to-meeting session or create a copy yourself to see what I faced, let me know - I'd be happy to help get this issue resolved for myContactForm.

Thanks!
-dl
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: update on what happened Reply with quote

dl wrote:
I followed the instructions on myContactForm, to change the URL for the page, however it did not resolve the issue - I continued to receive the error message. Others who attempted to use the form also received the same error message about the page being directed to the wrong page.

Once I created a copy of the form, I walked through the initial steps of setting up the page, and it was on the "forward" page that I was finally able to change the URL to which the page would redirect.

If you want to do a go-to-meeting session or create a copy yourself to see what I faced, let me know - I'd be happy to help get this issue resolved for myContactForm.

Thanks!
-dl

It sounds like the forwarding address was put in incorrectly on the initial form (causing an Error 404). This setting could have been changed without copying the form by clicking 'Edit' > 'Redirect Page' on the original form.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: