Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trouble sending email

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bradwentzel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Trouble sending email Reply with quote

I am a Premium Member. After normal function for a month, and resgiatering my users for a webinar, I started experiencing email delvery problems the last several days to the send to accounts only.

I have been testing by using my Yahoo! email account for the form email address. I have my corporate email account (also Yahoo! hosted) set up as my send to account.

The autoresponse ends up in my Yahoo! account instantly, the send to email does not get into my Yahoo! corporate account most times and when it does it is hours later. The email shows up as being sent in my mycontactform account.

The sent to email is not ending up in my Spam Folder either.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

I can say with 100% certainty that this is an issue with Yahoo!'s spam filtering. You need to contact their technical support and have them whitelist our server. Yahoo! will sometimes completely delete messages without placing them in a spam folder.

All of our form submissions are sent form our mail server within 30 seconds of submission.

In addition, make sure you never tag any form submissions as spam or junk (even if the actual message itself is spam). Yahoo is no intelligent enough to distinguish between normal form submissions and spam ones and will simply start filtering all messages generated from our server.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
bradwentzel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Could Yahoo! spam filtering be triggered by spoofing? Reply with quote

I am on the telephone right now with Yahoo! Small Biz. Could the issue be that the email is coming from your server, but is spoofing my email adress?
bradwentzel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Telephone call to Yahoo fixed the problem Reply with quote

Call Yahoo and got them to add mycontactform.com to their white list. Fixed the problem within one half hour.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: