Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Submitted form not redirecting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
glenjamindle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Submitted form not redirecting Reply with quote

Well this seems to be a popular topic, but I have yet to find a working fix.

My working contact page> http://www.ourfamilytreepage.com/Contact.html

After submitting the form I get a 404>

Page not found
The page you are looking for might have been removed,
had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

- Click the Back button in your browser to try another link.
- Use a search engine like Google to look for information on the Internet.
HTTP 404 - File not found

In my browser it does have the correct url I wanted it to redirect to> http://www.ourfamilytreepage.com/Contactredirect.html

I went back to mycontactform.com and verified the redirect url was correct, which it was, so I thought it may have been my server, which it wasn't.

Form html>

<div class="Object311"><!-- Begin myContactForm.com Form HTML -->
<form name="contactForm" method="post" action="http://www.mycontactform.com/sendform/sendform.php">
<input name="user" type="hidden" id="user" value="glenjamindle" /><input name="formid" type="hidden" id="formid" value="164077" /><input name="subject" type="hidden" id="subject" value="Question from OurFamilyTreePage.com" />
<table width="400" style="border: 0px solid #660000; margin: 0; padding: 0; background-color: #FFFFFF;"><tr><td>
<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5">
<tr><td><font color="#660000" size="3" face="Georgia"><b> E-mail Address:<font color="#FF0000"> *</font></b></font></td><td><input name="email" type="text" id="email" size="20" maxlength="100" /></td></tr><tr bgcolor=""><td><font color="#660000" size="3" face="Georgia"><b>Name:<font color="#FF0000"> *</font></b></font></td><td><font color="#660000" size="3" face="Georgia"><input name="q[1]" type="text" value="" size="" maxlength="30" /></font></td></tr>
<tr bgcolor=""><td><font color="#660000" size="3" face="Georgia"><b>Message:<font color="#FF0000"> *</font></b></font></td><td><font color="#660000" size="3" face="Georgia"><textarea name="q[7]" cols="45" rows="6" ></textarea></font></td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2"><hr size="1" /></td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2"><input name="submit" type="submit" value="Submit" /> <input name="reset" type="reset" value="Reset" /> </td></tr>
<tr><td><font color="#FF0000" size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><b>*</b></font> <font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Required</font></td><td align="right"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"></font></td></tr>
</table></td></tr></table></form>
<!-- End myContactForm.com Form HTML -->
</div>

I then tried to change action="http://www.mycontactform.com/sendform/sendform.php"> to my redirect url thinking if I tinker I could figure it out, but I then got a "bad method"...or something like that.

The form does send the email to me and the auto-reply to the sender btw

So.....I have a neat form.....that doesn't work. Any suggestions?
glenjamindle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: All works now!!! Reply with quote

I just got an email from Nick who tested everything and noticed my url was Contactredirect.html, but the file on the server was saved as contactredirect.html...apparently urls are case sensitive. d'oh

So that fixed the whole thing...all works fine now!! Thanks Nick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: