Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Submitted forms not sent

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dacker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:28 am    Post subject: Submitted forms not sent Reply with quote

When a visitor to my site submitts a form, it is not sent to the send to address. The only way I know that someone filled out a form is that the person called me and asked why I didn't respond to the within the 12 hours time period as posted on my site. Never had this problem before so I'm at a loss for what to do. Can anyone offer help?
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Please read the following FAQ:

The form was submitted but I am not getting the message?

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
dacker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Submitted forms not sent Reply with quote

The FAQ does not address the problem.
I have been getting form submittals since I started using your service back in Aug. 2007 (sometime aroung there) and there has been no problem until now.
pbrtina

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:53 am    Post subject: submitted forms not being sent Reply with quote

I too have started to have this problem...started just after Christmas. I had been getting the submitted forms all along. What is going on?
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: submitted forms not being sent Reply with quote

pbrtina wrote:
I too have started to have this problem...started just after Christmas. I had been getting the submitted forms all along. What is going on?

Around the dates that you listed, we switched our web server to a newer, upgraded box. Unfortunately, as part of the upgrade process there was an in adverted error made to our mail server DNS record. While this didn't affect the messages leaving our server, it did cause a few ISPs (AOL, yahoo.co.uk, verizon.net) to begin blocking our mail server. I have contacted each of the above ISPs. The nature of this block was temporary, and it should have since resolved itself.

Please let us know if you are still not receiving the messages. Please also double check your spam settings. If they are still not getting to you, please post the email addresses that are not receiving messages.

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
ve3bdb

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Forms are in Message Centre but not being forwarded to me Reply with quote

I have been having this same problem for several months but, of course, I didn't know the problem existed until I was advised by submitters. Am I now safe in assuming the problem has been addressed and has ceased? This has been causing more than a little consternation.

Since this was apparently known to ContactForm, why could there not have been a notice put up or, better yet, emails sent to advise?

Should anything of this kind happen again, I suggest some sort of notification be provided to the administrators of the various forms.

Thanks.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: Forms are in Message Centre but not being forwarded to m Reply with quote

ve3bdb wrote:
I have been having this same problem for several months but, of course, I didn't know the problem existed until I was advised by submitters. Am I now safe in assuming the problem has been addressed and has ceased? This has been causing more than a little consternation.

Since this was apparently known to ContactForm, why could there not have been a notice put up or, better yet, emails sent to advise?

Should anything of this kind happen again, I suggest some sort of notification be provided to the administrators of the various forms.

Thanks.

Your problem, is not the same as that listed above. That occurred quite a long time ago and has been solved for quite some time. It affected a relatively minor number of members, hence the reason we didn't send out a mass emailing.

Your issue is most likely related to your spam protection. Please read the following FAQ:

http://www.mycontactform.com/faq.php?fiddet=63&ptid=6&stid=8

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Like I stated in a previous message, all emails were sent.

If messages are being filtered, they will not necessarily appear in your 'junk' or 'bulk' mail folders. Many email providers simply delete mail that they believe to be spam (this is quite common) without any reference being given to the account owner.

Please continue to monitor the issue. Keep in mind that if an email makes it into the 'Message Center', it has also been sent with 100% certainty from our email server (the messages are not places into the Message Center until it is confirmed to have left our email server). If the emails are not appearing in the Message Center, then please contact us. If they are appearing in the Message Center, but are you not receiving the message into you email inbox, please contact your email provider.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: