Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is there a problem with converting email forms into database

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tartealatambourine

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Is there a problem with converting email forms into database Reply with quote

Hi,

When I try to see the results of all my emails into the excel or even in an html database, the answers are repeated from a question to another instead of being correct as a unique email does. Is it possible to have my problem fixed because I really need a good database to compile the results, and those have to be true.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

There is most likely a problem within the form's record within our databases. In order to solve this, you would need to delete the form and recreate it.

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
tartealatambourine

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Database detailed results prob Reply with quote

Hi Nick !,

I thank you for your prompt answer to my last question. As indicated, I deleted the previous form and rebuilt a new one but the problem persists remaining the same.

To tell you more in detail, we have a form where applicants may apply for several functions at different dates. The Excel database shows only one (generally the first) selection and recognize only this one repeating it without recognizing the other choices of the applicant. My form was working and the database results were fine during last summer but doesn’t now…

Where is the prob?

Appreciating a lot your service, I wish you to have a great year 2008 as a successful one !

Thank You and have a great day!
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Database detailed results prob Reply with quote

tartealatambourine wrote:
Hi Nick !,

I thank you for your prompt answer to my last question. As indicated, I deleted the previous form and rebuilt a new one but the problem persists remaining the same.

To tell you more in detail, we have a form where applicants may apply for several functions at different dates. The Excel database shows only one (generally the first) selection and recognize only this one repeating it without recognizing the other choices of the applicant. My form was working and the database results were fine during last summer but doesn’t now…

Where is the prob?

Appreciating a lot your service, I wish you to have a great year 2008 as a successful one !

Thank You and have a great day!

That is very odd that the problem persisted. It seems that there might be some sort of bug in the system. I am currently working on an update to the software that should be released early to mid-Feb. I will go ahead and look into this bug and see if I can create a fix for it during the next update. Can you provide me with more information in order to diagnose the issue?

Form Name:

Which specific questions are causing the issue?

Are the emailed results being sent correctly?

Please don't delete the form from your account, as I will need to look at it in order to diagnose the issue.

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
tartealatambourine

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Database form results accuracy Reply with quote

Hi Nick,

Here are the information requested

Form Name : essai

Problematic result questions in Excel database : The selection of the instrument for the 1st and 2nd dates are ignored. The Excel result will only understand and register the instrument selection of the last date, copying and applying it on the two first dates even if the instrument weren’t the same selected in those ones.

Example : Lets say an applicant would had play drums on July 31, guitar on August 1 and strings on August 2, the database seems to capture the instrument selected for the third date only (strings) and display the same choice for the two first dates too.

The single email system detects all distinct answers correctly, however, to trace all results efficently, I would need to get them all displayed in the database.

Thanking you again for the care here brought, I remain appreciating your service in nature and quality.

Sincerly,

Liz
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Database form results accuracy Reply with quote

Hi Nick,

Problematic result questions in Excel database : The selection of the instrument for the 1st and 2nd dates are ignored. The Excel result will only understand and register the instrument selection of the last date, copying and applying it on the two first dates even if the instrument weren’t the same selected in those ones.

Example : Lets say an applicant would had play drums on July 31, guitar on August 1 and strings on August 2, the database seems to capture the instrument selected for the third date only (strings) and display the same choice for the two first dates too.

The single email system detects all distinct answers correctly, however, to trace all results efficently, I would need to get them all displayed in the database.

Thanking you again for the care here brought, I remain appreciating your service in nature and quality.

Sincerly,

Liz

Thank you for the response. I will be working on this bug for the upcoming early-to-mid Feb. release.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
StyxandStones

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: 1st cousin.. Reply with quote

Let me elaborate on the file download problem I am having .. it is different, perhaps a 1st cousin to what has been mentioned previously..

The form has been in place for close on a year & has not been modified recently. Since 12/25 the database has been oddly corrupted. Each submission creates two database records.

The first record contains the first field - submitters email ID and half of the second field. A second record is created with the 1st column containing the second half of the second field then all of the remain fields are laid in column by column but incorrectly aligned..

Not sure if this is the same problem as mentioned above by certainly warrants a look-see..

I'll provide specific location of form if needed..

Regards..
..Styx
Charlotte NC
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Database form results accuracy Reply with quote

mycontac wrote:
Hi Nick,

Sincerly,

Liz

Thank you for the response. I will be working on this bug for the upcoming early-to-mid Feb. release.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com

I just wanted to give you a heads up that this issue is has been fixed on the back end, and will be released during the next update.

The release date should be the third week of Feb. 2008 (tentative). I've added quite a lot of new features for this update, hence the reason it has been pushed back.

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: