Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ERROR MESSAGES

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danfoster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:57 am    Post subject: ERROR MESSAGES Reply with quote

Hi Nick

I've spent hours trying to work out why I keep getting the following message:

This form is not being sent from the url where it is supposed to be located. If you are the owner of this form you need to ensure that the 'Form Location' is specified as xxxx:++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++. To change this, login to the site, click 'edit' next to the form's name, and then click the 'Basic Information' link to change the form's location.

I paid my membership and originally my form was at www.malecompanion4u.com/form (i thought it might be because I was not using a .htm address so have changed it to so many different addresses and changed it again and again in basic info link...the details have been checked and double checked, but I'm at a loss as to why it still won't work.

the current address is www.malecompanion4u.com/form.htm

I've also tried www.malecompanion4u.com/form/index.html but gave up.

It always works fine if I click on the link in my ftp. just not when I am accessing it via the net.

Can you let me know some answers - I've gone all through old posts on here, and seen others have posted on this, but can't find anything to help me as I've tried pretty much every bit of advice.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

I just sent a test through the below URL and it went through without error. Please let me know if it is still not working on your end.

www.malecompanion4u.com/form.htm

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
danfoster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nick, yeah its defo still not working. As soon as I press submit it says the same thing about the URL
danfoster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick I set up my email to get the form details until I get this sorted for the women who we made the site for.....I got your test email through to my email address...so yeah it seems to work from your end - but not on any computers here - I've asked loads of people to try it out for me and they've all said that it took them to an error page when they clicked submit.

Could this have anything to do with the fact that I'm based in the UK? My server (although if it was that then it shouldn't have worked for you)? Should it not have http:// in front of the address?

I don't know just throwing some ideas in the ring!

Dan

Ps. your test email below:

Subject: Application for Male Companion
Sent: 7/17/2007 at 10:45:34 EST from 64.122.103.198

Name: Nick
Address: This is a test
Phone: This is a test
Convenient time for us to phone?: This is a test
Date companion required?: This is a test
Time companion required?: This is a test
Preferred Venue?: This is a test
City or town?: This is a test
Occasion (reason you require a companion)?: This is a test Preferred male companion (if known)?: This is a test Preferred age of male companion?: This is a test Preferred hair colour of male companion?: This is a test Preferred eye colour of male companion?: This is a test Preferred skin colour of male companion?: This is a test Preferred origin/nationality of male companion?: This is a test Preferred build of male companion?: This is a test
danfoster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nick, we've built some more test forms to see if we can get things working but none of them are working for us either. We've literally spent hours working through the instructions and coding and can't see anything that we are missing or doing wrong. Can you advise as I would like to get this form done as soon as possible as I am getting nagged!
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

It sounds like something on your end / local network is preventing it from working. Perhaps you have some sort of firewall or other software setup locally that could be causing the problem?

Make sure that the referral URL you have specified is the fully qualified URL that people will be using to get to the form.

Example:

http://www.mydomain.com/directory/form.htm (make sure to include the http://)

Unfortunately, there isn't much more I can do as the form appears to be working without error from my end.

Please also try to copy and post the exact error message your are getting (with the URL that it says is wrong).

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: