Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

emails received after forms are filled out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mednaz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: emails received after forms are filled out Reply with quote

When I get the email results of the forms, all the items listed are sent to me instead of just the ones that were checked off.

Example. What group would you like to join.
Men Only
Women Only
Couples
Singles

When they check off the Men Only group, that should be the only one that gets sent in my email, but mine show all four, so I can't tell which one they checked off.

Any suggestions? I'd appreciated your help as right now the email submissions are worthless after people took the time to fill out the form.

Thanks.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

I am not sure that I understand you. Please post the following info, or there really will be no way for us to figure out the problem.

1. Your username
2. The location of the form.
3. The question(s) you are specifically having difficulty with.
4. Copy and paste the entire e-mail that was submitted via the form so that I can see the problem.

I am pretty certain the issue is not on our end, and that it has to do with you using the wrong types of fields. Please read the following FAQ's:

http://www.mycontactform.com/faq.php?ptid=8

Thank you,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

deaniedfp,

I am just taking a stab at this, but I am guessing that the problem you are experiencing is because you created an individual question for each possible response to "What group would you like to join.", ie you have 5 questions:

- What group would you like to join.
- Men Only
- Women Only
- Couples
- Singles

All of these are probably using the Check Box - Single Answer field type. Instead of creating 5 individual questions, you need to replace these with one question called 'What group would you like to join' and have it use the Check Box - Multi Answer field type which allows you to use Men Only, Women Only, Couples, and Singles as the various pre-defined answers.

I emplore you to please browse through our FAQ as it contains a wealth of information about our service.

Thank you,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
mednaz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Problems with forms Reply with quote

Nick,
My username is deaniedfp.
The file location in at www.medfordfirstnaz.org - go to opportunities under the ministries drop down menu on the opening page. On the opportunities page, go to personal information survey and you'll see the form.

I tried it with radio buttons first, and that only gave me one choice. I then redid the form with check boxes multi answers, and it didn't give me the ones I checked off.

Here is the email from the auto reply form.
Thanks for responding to our personal information survey. I'll be getting back
to you soon.

You submitted the following information:

Name: Dean This is a test
Address: 1974 E. McAndrews Rd.
City: Medford
Zip: 97504
Date of Birth: 11-6-48
Male:
Female:
Marital Status: Married
Home Phone: 779-7777
Work Phone: 779-7777
Cell Phone: none
Business Name: First Church
Spouse's Name: Sally
Date of Birth: 11-27-57
Anniversary: 6-2-84
Children's Names: Josh, Em
Dates of Birth: 1974, 1978
Ages: 26 & 30
Baptized
Spiritual Maturity
Member of First Church
Ministries you are currently involved in: Youth
Are you in a Life Group?
If yes, which group?: Forrest, Ron and I
Have you taken the Welcome Class?
Spiritual Gifts
Heart/Passion
Other:
Abilities, Skills and Hobbies: Kayaking
Personality: Otter
Life Experiences: Climbed Mt. Whitney
Testimony: I love Jesus
Other:
Abilities, Skills and Hobbies: Kayaking
Personality: Otter
Life Experiences: Climbed Mt. Whitney
Testimony: I love Jesus.

As you can see, under the spiritual gifts, there is no response, even though I checked off two boxes on the survey. Same for Heart/Passion,
same for Baptized (two options of yes and no, and neither answer shows up). It also repeats itself at the end for no apparent reason.
I love your forms, but I sure am having a hard time getting them to work properly.
Thanks, and I'll be waiting to hear from you. Dean
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

One other thing. Please post the e-mail sent to you from the form (not the autoresponse)...is the issue only with the autoresponse?

Thanks,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Okay, I've figured out the problem. There was a small bug in one of our scripts that was preventing it from working. I tested it, and it works now.

Thanks,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
mednaz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: It works Reply with quote

Thanks Nick - it works great now. I appreciate your helping with this.
Dean
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: