Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Download from Message Center - fields missing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smhsptc

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Download from Message Center - fields missing Reply with quote

There appears to be a bug in the parsing mechanism for Download from Message Center - There are fieds captured on the submitted form that do not appear in the exported file - I have tried all formats, but really want Excel. When non-required fields are not filled in, the download gets reqlly wierd and data fields are randomly asigned to a header.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Thank you for pointing this out. I will look into it, but unfortunately cannot address it until our next software update (1-2 months).

Regards,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
smhsptc

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Download from Message Center - fields missing Reply with quote

Nick - the download and capture mechanism is why I purchased this product. I need to be able to load these to my database without having to guess at which field belongs where and I know that all fields will not be filled in by the submitter.

Is there a work-around?

Thanks,
Gary
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

The only work-around would be to recreate the form.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
StyxandStones

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject: Download from Message Center Reply with quote

Hmm .. I seem to be having the same problem..
"When non-required fields are not filled in, the download gets really weird and data fields are randomly assigned to a header."

Complicated by an odd 2nd effect .. Randomly the last letter of the last name, regardless of length, is missing on download..

Noticed by the client while printing name tags.. Bummer..

Suggestions?

Regards..
..TEC (aka Styx)
Charlotte NC
StyxandStones

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Additional information Reply with quote

Just finished correcting a download, by hand, before I sent along to the client..
As I mentioned above on some lines the last letter of the last name was dropped. Well.. that was the first symptom in lines that were in error - misaligned with headings.
I have no idea about the root cause but I can see where the problem starts..

..Styx
StyxandStones

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: That time of the year again! Reply with quote

a year has rolled by & again using the form for annual Conference registration.. and the problem persists..

Same as described above.. 80% of the time last letter of last name field dropped & remaining columns are shifted one over..

Suggestions?

..Styx
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: That time of the year again! Reply with quote

StyxandStones wrote:
a year has rolled by & again using the form for annual Conference registration.. and the problem persists..

Same as described above.. 80% of the time last letter of last name field dropped & remaining columns are shifted one over..

Suggestions?

..Styx

This issue is caused when forms collect data, then the form is altered (questions added/edited/removed), and then more data is collected. Unfortunately, this isn't something we're able to correct.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
StyxandStones

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:29 am    Post subject: How to proceed? Reply with quote

I'm OK with your answer.. no quibble..

As the best workaround, should I make a new form from scratch & move to the new form?

Or is there a suggested way to tweak the existing form to correct?

..Styx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: