Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cannot use .co.uk or .org.uk email address

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
h-design

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject: Cannot use .co.uk or .org.uk email address Reply with quote

I have tried to fill out a form requesting an email address and hiave filled in the field with a .co.uk or .org.uk only to get this message:

We're sorry but the e-mail address you entered does not appear to be valid. Please push the back button on your browser and enter a valid e-mail address.

Also when creating a form the wizard will not allow you to choose a .co.uk email address as the send to address
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Thank you for the info. We will look into fixing this bug for the next update (early next month).

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
mastering

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply Reply with quote

mycontac wrote:
Thank you for the info. We will look into fixing this bug for the next update (early next month).

Hello : )

I am having the same probs as well.

When I put my Test form online, I enter my name, etc plus email address then hit Submit. Then, I get this response:

*> We're sorry but the e-mail address you entered does not appear to be valid. Please push the back button on your browser and enter a valid e-mail address. <*

I have tried numerous email addresses of mine & the ones that end in AU get this error (90% of the time - yes, sometimes they were accepted !?!!!!)

The email addresses I am testing are from Australia, as in:

@example.com.au
@example.net.au
@example.org.au

Hope u can help.

Thanks, Vic
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Thank you for the heads up. I will correct this for the next update 1-2 months.

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
mastering

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome Very Happy

Keep up the Gr8 work

Thanks, vicki
mastering

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi again : )

just writing to let you know i am still having the same prob as above, with .com.au email extensions.

I am testing my (booking enquiries) form and when I enter (as the sender) an email address of mine with a COM extension, it gets thru successfully.

As soon as I put one of my email addresses in (as the sender) that has a COM.AU extension, it returns with an error saying the email address I have entered does not appear to be valid.

Although, ONE of my tests with an .com.au in the email field got thru!!.... can't explain that one ; 0

hope u can help asap
cheers,
Vicki
mastering

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: .COM.AU emails not getting thru - returning with errors Reply with quote

further to my post above,
I explained there was ONE test that got thru that had an AU extension.

I just made a discover - I realised that when I put the sender as ***@optusnet.com.au, it works. Optus is a major ISP here in Australia.

In fact, when I look thru the enquiries, the only emails that seem to be getting thru are those that have AU extensions from major ISPs here in Australia (or have a COM extension) - like HOTMAIL, BIGPOND, OPTUS -

I just realised - I have received no enquiries from anyone with any other AU extension other than those above. Only .COM.AU email addresses are getting thru if they belong to a major ISP here in Australia.

I personally have quite a large number of domain names ending in AU (and subsequently masses of emails!!) that belong to different servers/mail servers - so I tested some of those - unfortunately, they did not get thru (received the form response saying the email may not be valid).

I only advertise in AUSTRALIA (ie. COM.AU) - and spend a bit of advertising $$ with Google. I have been investigating the lack of web enquiries verses the amount of web visitors + google hits, tested email addresses, search engine responses, the website activity, etc - although only recently realised the problem might have something to do with the forms - did something happen to them????

Upon further investigation in the Message Centre, the only people filling out my web forms (bookings & contact enquiry forms) have been from Optus, Bigpond (Telstra), Yahoo and other (only) large ISP/Email providers and NOT ONE email address came up that was from a smaller ISP provider or contained an individual Domain Name with .COM.AU extension.

Obviously, a majority of our web visitors are from Australia... and would have COM.AU as their email extension. My main form of contact is by pushing users to use the Enquiry forms. If our web visitors have been completing our forms, but don't have a major BIGPOND/OPTUS/similar or COM email extension, then I guess that answers why they're not getting thru...

I know if I go to the trouble of filling out a form in the middle of the night - and it constantly returned with errors, I go elsewhere. I think if the company can't be bothered to get their form working, then I'd rather go somewhere else.......

I have other customers of mine that I have setup (with their own usernames) with mycontactform. They are also Australian and obviously target AU customers with .com.au email addy's, so I'll have to test their accounts as well.

I hope we haven't lost too many customers during this unfortunate time - and hope that it can be resolved immediately, especially seeing we're paying for the service. It's a great service and I would love to see it working for us Aussies..... - ALL of us Aussies : )
thanks 4 your time,

Looking forward 2your response,
Cheers
Vicki
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: .COM.AU emails not getting thru - returning with errors Reply with quote

mastering wrote:
further to my post above,
I explained there was ONE test that got thru that had an AU extension.

I just made a discover - I realised that when I put the sender as ***@optusnet.com.au, it works. Optus is a major ISP here in Australia.

In fact, when I look thru the enquiries, the only emails that seem to be getting thru are those that have AU extensions from major ISPs here in Australia (or have a COM extension) - like HOTMAIL, BIGPOND, OPTUS -

I just realised - I have received no enquiries from anyone with any other AU extension other than those above. Only .COM.AU email addresses are getting thru if they belong to a major ISP here in Australia.

I personally have quite a large number of domain names ending in AU (and subsequently masses of emails!!) that belong to different servers/mail servers - so I tested some of those - unfortunately, they did not get thru (received the form response saying the email may not be valid).

I only advertise in AUSTRALIA (ie. COM.AU) - and spend a bit of advertising $$ with Google. I have been investigating the lack of web enquiries verses the amount of web visitors + google hits, tested email addresses, search engine responses, the website activity, etc - although only recently realised the problem might have something to do with the forms - did something happen to them????

Upon further investigation in the Message Centre, the only people filling out my web forms (bookings & contact enquiry forms) have been from Optus, Bigpond (Telstra), Yahoo and other (only) large ISP/Email providers and NOT ONE email address came up that was from a smaller ISP provider or contained an individual Domain Name with .COM.AU extension.

Obviously, a majority of our web visitors are from Australia... and would have COM.AU as their email extension. My main form of contact is by pushing users to use the Enquiry forms. If our web visitors have been completing our forms, but don't have a major BIGPOND/OPTUS/similar or COM email extension, then I guess that answers why they're not getting thru...

I know if I go to the trouble of filling out a form in the middle of the night - and it constantly returned with errors, I go elsewhere. I think if the company can't be bothered to get their form working, then I'd rather go somewhere else.......

I have other customers of mine that I have setup (with their own usernames) with mycontactform. They are also Australian and obviously target AU customers with .com.au email addy's, so I'll have to test their accounts as well.

I hope we haven't lost too many customers during this unfortunate time - and hope that it can be resolved immediately, especially seeing we're paying for the service. It's a great service and I would love to see it working for us Aussies..... - ALL of us Aussies : )
thanks 4 your time,

Looking forward 2your response,
Cheers
Vicki

I am currently in the depths of a major upgrade to be released at the end of August. This is a bug that is in on the 'to do' list of items for the release.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
mastering

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

How did you go with the upgrade?

The error is still occurring (forms not letting thru tld / .com.au country emails).

Thanks - anxiously awaiting the fix,

Vicki
namecritic

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: List of tlds Reply with quote

Hope you find this useful. This is a list of all the country code tlds.

http://www.iana.org/domains/root/db/
mastering

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUMP!!

I still consider this as pretty urgent ; )

Being in Australia, 99% of my enquiries are going to have a com.au in their email address - so it will be good to have this service working properly.
Look forward to a reply.

Cheers,
Vicki
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

.com.au addresses work. Is there a specific address that isn't working for you?

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: