Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Have multiple forms on same page

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Everything Else
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevin Shayne

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Have multiple forms on same page Reply with quote

I have a single long page and want to have multiple forms offering to collect the same information on it. Is there a way or suggested way to do this? I'm using Front Page (as if it matters?). I'd like to retain some sort of validation so I know that may be tricky. It would basically require seeing if the information was filled in on any of the other forms and then fill that data back on the original so that required data was filled in (email address).
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Kevin,

There should be no problem placing multiple forms on the same page. As for the auto-fill in stuff, this is not possible with myContactForm.com.

Thanks,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Kevin Shayne

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: Concerns Reply with quote

Nick,

My concern is that if I'm requiring certain information - such as email address - and desire to have the same form in multiple places - that individuals will have to fill in their email address twice and other required fields twice/three/four times.

Here's an example of what I want to do

WEBPAGE

TEXT TEXT TEXT
PICTURE

Please fill in the form below for more information:
Name*:
Email Address*:

TEXT
TEXT
TEXT
PICTURE

Please fill in the form below for more information:
Name*:
Email Address*:
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

I'm sorry, but limitations in server side internet technologies do not make this possible. You may be able to do this with some client side technologies (ie javascript) but it is not a possibility using myContactForm.com. You would have to make these changes on your one from your end after you get the HTML we provide. Just be careful because it may break your forms.

Thanks,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
pbrtina

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: multiple forms on one page and email Reply with quote

ok i did read that multiple forms can be on one page(havent figured out how yet but i will). my question is....since they are all on one page will they all come in one email? (crossing fingers you say yes)

pbrtina
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

They will not all come in a single email. Only the information provided for the given form will be put into the given email. They all however can be configured to go to the same address.

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Everything Else All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: