Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How Can I Block A Spammer Who Keeps Sending Me Forms?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Everything Else
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teri360

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: How Can I Block A Spammer Who Keeps Sending Me Forms? Reply with quote

I didn't expect this, but I have now received at least four forms in the last few days from spammers. The spam forms always include the domain onlineinvestmentworld.com. Is there a way I can block fhese people? I have used mycontactform for several months and didn't expect something like this to happen. Please help! Thanks. Teri
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, you may block the sender's IP address under the Form Security portion of the Control Panel. In addition, we are working to develope word filters for the forms.

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
teri360

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

I blocked the IP and haven't gotten any more today so far so I hope that did the trick, thanks. Teri
brokaw

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: SPAMMER ISSUES ... Reply with quote

I'm get a ton of spam forms and each one has a different IP address ... all of which I have been able to trace back to a specific company in Israel ...

I have blocked each IP address as they come in but obviously this is a futile battle ...

Is there any way of blocking an entire country from submitting forms or is there anything else I can do to prevent this?

Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Everything Else All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: